Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Ahh yes...the burgers! Great call, Dave! Sometimes the simple meals are the best.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Although I love escargots, sweetbreads, medium rare duck, sushi, sashimi, and other neat stuff, I always come back to the basics. A good burger. A crusty hard roll full of cold cuts and cheese. As James Beard said: "Too few people understand a really good sandwich."
Old 11-18-2008, 04:31 PM

I think Elvis would agree.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:36 PM

I love a good cold cut sandwich too. One of my favorite additions to the ships has been the Deli. They used to have a grilled chicken breast sandwich served on a roll at the Lido grill. I haven't seen it the last few cruises though. I love the cheeseburgers too, and agree with Dave...they sure do hit the spot.

Dwayne
Old 11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Administrator

In the area I grew up in - the Hudson River Valley - we had tons of Italian and Polish deli's and restaurants. One place I loved was Rocky's. It was really a bar but they had great food. They'd cut a loaf of Italian bread in half, hollow it out, and fill it with meatballs and sauce, or pepperoni and sauce (my favorite). It was the size of a football and weighed a ton! A half was a "regular" sandwich! You couldn't eat it without getting sauce all over you. Man, it was good.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:58 PM

OK, I am hungry again! I'll have mine with Mozz and green peppers please. The best sandwiches are always the messiest.

It's like a scavenger hunt here to find a "good" (not chain) Italian place that has hot oven subs. When I find one they never have Capicola.

I'm glad the ships have more options now. This could be an opportunity to send them some suggestions for further improvement.

Dwayne
Old 11-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Dr. Livingston (I presume):

I did not eat all I described, in just one day. I would have liked too! <--That's me licking my lips
Old 11-19-2008, 06:15 AM

Frase, I know I could eat all that in one day. It may only be a few bites of each thing, but that's my favorite thing to do. I call it grazing. My hubby gets so mad at me and the waiters think I didn't like my food, but that's how I eat. A couple of bites here, a nibble there, then room for desert.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Just reading this thread is ruining my post cruise diet! It's all your fault that We just booked another cruise!

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-20-2008, 06:04 AM

Congrats BillyBuzzy, is that the one on the Dawn or a different one? My co-worker sailed on the Dawn and hasn't stopped raving about her. NCL was tempting me so much, but I have to resist for a little while. At least until I can pay down the credit cards from the cruise next month. Sure hope they're offering great deals next summer.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carnvial, cheese, cruise, favorite, food, jalepeno, mac, main, meal, pictures, rcci, room, service, ship, turkey, wrap