Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 08:34 AM
penny3333 - That one was already on the books - we booked a Carnival cruise on the Freedom for Feb. 2010 - The meals looked that good!! Actually we have 5 cruises booked over the next 18 months! (On various lines-we love them all!!!!)

My gals health is in a precarious position right now (Chemo is involved)-We are staying positive minded thru the whole process.
We will adjust our cruise plans according to her treatment needs, Cruising is still the best therapy/treatment!!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-20-2008, 12:09 PM

You bet it is. I've finished with the IV part of my chemo (Lord willing) and am now just on the oral stuff. I managed to fit my cruises in around my drip sessions and boy did it ever help. I'll add your wife to my prayers. So sorry she has to go through chemo, it really is not a pleasant experience. I did manage to eat pretty much everything when I was on board, though. It really did help not having to prepare it and smell it while it was cooking.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:11 PM

the food does sound good

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'll have mine with Mozz and green peppers please.
Two things that always seem to improve a sandwich. I think Carnival is missing the boat by not adding a Philly Cheesesteak to the menu at the deli. Man - give me one of those with provolone melted into the beef, peppers and onions, and then some dill pickle slices on top. Add in an ice cold beer and you have a perfectly balanced meal.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:40 PM

We were on the Pride in Oct. We saw a couple of kids using pizzia for the bread on their Hamburgers. It was a nice size double (at least) burger.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
We saw a couple of kids using pizza for the bread on their Hamburgers
Interesting. I might actually try that sometime - but at home. I like to special order a calzone from the Carnival pizzeria. I love calzone.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:51 AM

That is an interesting concept, pizza burger....could catch on.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
pizza burger....could catch on
I remember the pizza burgers we got in the high school cafeteria. You all know the ones I am referring to, pre-made frozen ones with "pizza" flavor mixed into the soy...I mean beef. I loved them. I'd buy two.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:00 AM

I just sailed on Splendor and the best thing I had was the apple pie and the salad...the ribs were ok...The burgers and pizza on Lido got to be just a lil monotonous everyday...

I can say without any reservation that the Thanksgiving dinner served in the Gold/Black Pearl restaurants was the most horrid meal I have eaten in my life...I will never take another cruise during the holidays..The turkey was gosh-awful, the stuffing was too heavy on the mango and the overall presentation was just a tad bit too pretentious. Give me basic turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes, and apple pie anyday!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:56 PM

The food is all so good it is difficult to pick just a few items. I chickened out and didn't try the escargot this time. I began to view it as a challenge on survivor. That is strange because I love conch, which is basically a sea snail. I had a great dish for lunch at the Asian outlet. It had seafood in it and was delicious, I don't recall the name. I was trying to eat light that day and save some room....YES!, it was Chocolate Buffet Day! Willy Wonka himself would have been envious of that spread.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carnvial, cheese, cruise, favorite, food, jalepeno, mac, main, meal, pictures, rcci, room, service, ship, turkey, wrap