Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2007, 09:28 AM

Have anyone ever made such a bonehead mistake that you just wanted to kick yourself, if so welcome to the club.
It all started here, I'm booked on the Miracle for August 23, 2007. I also booked on the Valor for Sept. 14, 2008. The Miracle leave out of NYC which is where I reside and the Valor leave out of Miami. After booking the Valor for Sept. 2008 I decided to go online and book my flight for Sunday Sept. 14, 2008. I typed in all the infor. for 2008 but I didn't realize that the airline only book 1 year in advance. So the airline computer automatically went into Sept. 2007. I printed my tickets (thinking they were for 2008)and put them away. I just decided to check them the other day and low and behold I notice 2007. Tickets are nonrefundable and I cannot change the date (that sucks). Now I am trying to get my job to change my vacation time from August to Sept. and I changed my cruise for 2007 from the Miracle to the Triumph which leaves out of Miami, by doing that I get to use the flight tickets. My job has not approved the vacation change yet so as of now I have flight tickets for Sept.14 2007 out of NY to Miami, A cruise out of Miami Sept 15, 2007( I still have to spend a night in Puerto Rico if all works out)A cruise for August 23, 2007 (which will be canceled if all works out) and a cruise for Sept 14, 2008 (which I have to get flight tickets for,,,, again,, if all works out). So as of now I am confused and I guess you are by now also. But things happen for a reason!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a safe and fun cruise all!!!!
I'll be seeing you'll somewhere, I just don't know where yet.
Deege24!!!!

Old 05-01-2007, 09:39 AM

Sorry, I said I still have to spend a day in Puerto Rico, I meant Miami. I'm just used to sailing out of Puerto Rico for that Southern Caribbean experience.
Have a safe and fun cruise all!!!!!
Deege24!!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:39 AM

Deege2424 -
Sounds like we are related
Stuff like that is the essences of my life
Have a fantastic cruise - where ever and when ever it is!

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 05-01-2007, 09:44 AM

OH,, by the way any advice on hotels in Miami would be appreciated. Nothing to pricey but not to scary either, it's only for 1 day. Oh man I just realized that the ship returns on the 22nd and my flight leaves for home on the 21,, oh this sucks,, back to the drawing boards,,,please help!!!
Deege24!!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:57 AM

Anybody seen my socks? Oh, there they are in the freezer. Wow, I have had experiences like that but I try to slow down, remember that I don't think of everything I should. So I double and triple check unless I forgot the double check which means the triple becomes a double check. But then I forget to triple check and figure in the chance of me screwing up and then I check again and ask someone else to check it and then realize that my sentences are running on and I have no clue that I' am attaching the horse to the back of the cart and I end up going backwards.

Maybe this will work for you;
    Have a travel agent book.
    Have someone else book.
    Read all the fine print
    Write down what you've done.
    Focus, focus, focus.[/list]
Old 05-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Banned

Boy, those qualudes will do it to you every time! All these flights and cruises aren't a bad thing; just think of the fun you'll have cruising all over creation, and almost as frequently as some of the cruise junkies on this site. (If work isn't accomodating, two words: family leave).

Regarding your non refundable airline tickets, the one that has you coming back a day early can be changed, at a nominal cost.

It wouldn't hurt to employ a travel agent now. They are a good source to bail you out.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Banned

I can't seem to figure out when my next cruise is, and you have cruises all over the calendar!! Good for you!! Or is it bad for you!! I dunno anymore. I found some socks in a freezer here at work....anyone know who's they are???
Old 05-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Banned

I'll cop to them; they're mine. I hid some cash in them. Is it still there?
Old 05-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Banned

Must have had a hole in them GC....no cold hard cash in them.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:53 AM

I think I may have solved my problem (at the cost of $210.00), I was able to change the airline ticket dates for a fee of $70.00 per. ticket. My job (union) said they would get a change in vacation dates for me. If all of that works out I will be on the Carnival Triumph on the date of Sept 15, 2007 out of Miami and the Carnival Valor out of Miami Sept of 2008. By the way if anyone is looking for a cheap travel agent I am available,,,lol!!! That is if you don't mind catching your flight a year and a day early.
Have a safe and fun cruise all!!!!
Deege24!!

Closed Thread