Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2006, 12:16 PM

A Cruise Bruise visitor reports to us that the missing passenger went overboard as a result of an accident. "An Asian American man fell off a balcony while attempting to climb to another balcony. His daughter saw him fall."

People never cease to amaze me. This is quite a sad situation, no matter what the reason for the fall.

You're still safer on a cruise ship than you are on the highways of America, though.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:43 AM

OK Carla...whatever... if you would have just given me the answer the first time, instead of making fun of the question..neither of us would have "wasted energy"! I'm just interested in the truth of the matter...not ridiculous theories..or wise guy remarks! But enough already! Like you said...I shouldn't waste my energy....I'm not in cruise-chat to make enemies.

Penny...apology accepted...thanks..I don't think you are a rude person, I think it all just came across wrong. I too don't enjoy the misfortunes of others, but I guess I've read too many true crime books...when I hear of these kinds of incidents, my interest is peaked. Plus I'm amazed at the DUMB things people will do that get them killed! Like Dave's story! Crazy!

Argument over!...Carla....truce?? Let's just share cruise info....ok??

Everyone...have a wonderful blessed day!!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:07 AM

On cruisecritic.com (in the carnival boards) there are a couple of posts from people on the boat when this happened. Carnival, fishing boats, another cruise ship, and the coast guards searched for the man but I do not think they found him. When the boat finally docked in Galveston the FBI was called as well as the family members. I hope this does not deter others from cruising which is a great experience in my option. But because of this Carnival might put a screen or bars on the balcony. Others are spectalating that Carnival is going to get sued and the cost of cruising is going up.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:41 PM

We have a stateroom with a balcony but I promise you I won't be playing spiderman. Just sitting out there drinking my morning coffee and enjoying the view
Old 11-12-2006, 08:29 PM

Apparently everyone has resolved all their hurt feelings over this one. Reminds me of middle school.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:57 PM

Sometimes when you read the typed word you don't know the persons attitude or intentions etc. And can be easy to miss-interpret them.

I agree with MaxFun, after driving down on I-95 the ship was a welcome safe haven for me.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:05 AM

Island Cruz,

I would say you can almost "never" know the persons attitude and intentions. I thought this would be a forum for people to have free expression and that maybe people wouldn't hinge their self-worth on what people say or how they react on a chat forum.

It seems everywhere you go, people are telling others how they should speak or how to react. Civil discussions would be nice and the use of sarcasm could be self-moderated to avoid pointing the finger at others who post.

I think those of us who post simply love to hear ourselves talk and then we look for approval on our view points. I am hopeful that we all have real friends and family in our lives from which we get our approval and sense of belonging.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dave56:
Balconies are suppposedly kid-proof, and it is notable that you never hear about kids or toddlers going over the side - just adults.

But for the grace of God, Dave56, but for the grace of God.

When we sailed the Elation out of Galveston a couple of years ago, hubby and I were on the top deck -- well, top deck with railing, I don't think it was the Lido Deck, I think it was the one above that? -- anyway....we were leaning on the rail looking down and we saw a young boy -- maybe 10 or so -- climb from one balcony to the balcony next door (we assume his family had rooms next to each other).

My knees got weak just having seen it, since I have two sons of my own (now grown).

There was no way to tell exactly which deck he was on, or which room balconies.....Scared the bejeebers out of me...!
Old 11-14-2006, 03:54 AM

IslandCruz and Chef Ken,

I agree with you both, I think this is a really great place to share cruise information, and we do give our honest opinions, but we also give serious answers to the questions that come up.
I think Carlalena1 was trying to be entertaining, and under the circumstances, I took it wrong. I felt that she attacked me for asking the question. Have mercy...I KNOW he FELL! Sorry if my response to all of this offended anyone. I was just trying to protect my right to ask for information.

We shouldn't get into personal digs on here...let's just celebrate cruising!!

Hey....we sail away in 13 days!! yeah!!

Have a GREAT day!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 04:02 AM

Annies: have an excellent vacation. Don't bother to speculate about me and my post- I explained it. Just leave it alone.

Hope your cruise is the best ever!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, man, missing, murdered, passengers, thrown