Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 06:39 AM

We are leaving this saturday on Freedom. When I booked a month ago I told the TA, to make sure I get the lat ie 8 or 8.30 dinner seating. When reviewing the document I find that we have been given the 6.15 PM seating.
When I called Carnival they said to call the TA. TA called back and said they have requested it, but I have to go the purser and request it. It makes me think they did not do anything at all.

Will I be able to change the dinner seating to 8 PM???

Any suggestions welcome.
Dave
Old 12-20-2007, 06:39 AM

We are leaving this saturday on Freedom. When I booked a month ago I told the TA, to make sure I get the lat ie 8 or 8.30 dinner seating. When reviewing the document I find that we have been given the 6.15 PM seating.
When I called Carnival they said to call the TA. TA called back and said they have requested it, but I have to go the purser and request it. It makes me think they did not do anything at all.

Any suggestions welcome.
Dave
Old 12-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Banned

When you arrive in your cabin, there will be a Caper that tells you what time and what Dining Room to go to if you want a dining option change like time or table.

Speak with the maitre d, he is the only one who can change your dining time. The Purser's desk does not handle that.

The bad news is...expect there to be a line. Expect it to take some time. And there are no guarantees...UNLESS you are a Platinum member. Then your dining time is guaranteed!!

Have a great cruise.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:26 AM

Thank you
Old 12-20-2007, 10:48 AM

I would not be too quick to blame the TA. It is possible that Carnival just did not honor the request.
As soon as you get on board go to the dinning room and speak to the Maitre'D. There will be a line there, but the sooner you get there the better IMHO.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Get there as soon as you can to make your request....they do try to make changes....I prefer the early dinner myself and I once in awhile I end up with the late seating and have to get it changed (rank does have it previleges)....8:00 is too late for me to eat...Hope they can change it for you...Happy Cruising.....
Old 12-20-2007, 05:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rochbie:

Any suggestions welcome.
Dave

Be glad you have the 6:15. This means you are finished dining NLT 8pm and gives you 1/2 hour to get changed and ready for the early show. Otherwise you would be looking at a 1030 show. Just relax...you will enjoy this much more than you realize
Old 12-20-2007, 08:33 PM
The early dining gives you the whole evening to do activities, and then catch a late night snack:-)....and most excursions get back early enough to get ready for dinner....Enjoy..

Bob E
Old 12-21-2007, 01:46 AM

rochbie,

You will receive your Sail and Sign card prior to boarding, it will have your assigned Dining Room and time of seating. Immediatetly upon boarding go to the assigned Dining room located on Lobby Deck # 3. The Chic is midship, the Posh is aft.

See the Maitre'D, it should be no problem at all switching from early to late. The early is the more requested seating time.

Best wishes for a wonderful cruise!

Dwayne
Old 12-21-2007, 07:24 AM

Don't blame your travel agent. When booking only one month before a cruise you are at the bottom of the totem pole for all the people that booked before you. If you are a small party of two it is easier to change than say a large party of 6 or 8. Carnival usually has a set time and place on the first day of the cruise where the Maitre'd will be located in a specific lounge to take dining request changes. It is usually approximately 1:00pm. Be there right at 1:00PM for your best chance to change. The time and location for dining changes will be noted in the Carnival Caper you should receive in your room when you board.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnical, carnival, change, changing, cruise, dining, dinner, late, maitre, royal, seating, ships, speak, switch, time, tine