Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2007, 10:40 PM

In your opinion, Who has the best cruises Carnival or Royal Carribean? We are planning a cruise for October and I am trying to decide which cruise to take? This will be my first cruise. I went to the Bahamas on the discovery cruise last year but everyone says that the Discovery ship is not like a real cruise. Please help me. I want to take a really nice cruise this time but not too expensive.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:10 PM
I'd like to know what that means, the Discovery is not like a real cruise; the m/v Discovery is my favorite ship in the whole world!
As for who has the best cruises; Carnival or Royal Caribbean?
one word--PRINCESS!
Old 01-21-2007, 11:31 PM

I went on the Discovery Sun Cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. It only goes to Freeport Bahamas. (Grand Bahama Island.)
Old 01-21-2007, 11:57 PM
My mistake!
We're talking about two different Discovery cruises.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:00 AM

Either one, it really depends on what you want out of your cruise. In my opinion, Royal Caribbean had better shows, BUT Carnival has better rates. Everything else, to me, was equal. I always pick the better rate, which is why in about 6 days I'll be going on my 3rd Carnival cruise in less than a year Good luck with your search!!
Elation, CCL 9-24-06
Carnival Victory, CCL 1-28-07
Sovereign of the Seas, Royal Caribbean, 9-24-07
Old 01-22-2007, 03:43 AM

"P",

both cruise lines offer great standard market products. Some people prefer Carnival, others prefer RCI. Ultimately, you will have to decide for yourself whether one is better than the other from your point of view.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-22-2007, 08:55 AM

Princess does it best!
Old 01-22-2007, 09:22 AM

I would agree that RC has better shows however Carnival has the better rates. I would suggest that if you want to keep money the factor that you should go for Carnival, just because this is you first cruise and I would say that you more then likly won't notice a difference in the shows they are both very good. RC just pulls it off a little better if you know what to compare it to. Carnival offers great kids programs (I don't know if that is a factor) and in my opinion the room are a little bigger. Save the money and spend it on your vacation is my advice.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Banned

I wish it were that simple...Rccl or Carnival, but it really depends on the individual ship, the length of the cruise, the number of children you do (or do not) want around, etc.

The good news is in general, both are mass market lines that do it well.

Carnival's Spirit class ship was designed to be a little more subdued. 7 day cruises are less "party" than 3/4 day cruises.

Rccl Voyagers class (from rumor, never have been on one) have more different activities like rock climbing etc.

You really need to sit down and think about what kind of experience you want and then pick a ship that will give it to you with a price that you can afford.

If you want less children, cruise when school is in session.

One important thing is never pick a cruise for the ports. Any number of factors can mean a missed port (weather, mechanical failure etc).

I view ports as a perk...not a deal breaker.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:36 AM

ROYAL CARIBBEAN DOES IT BEST!!!!

"GAME OVER"

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
california, cruises, epinion, rate