Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2006, 02:29 AM

I'm wanting to take a cruise in Feb. Would it be better to wait to book latter in case the rates go down which my agent says sometimes does happen?
Old 11-18-2006, 02:29 AM

I'm wanting to take a cruise in Feb. Would it be better to wait to book latter in case the rates go down which my agent says sometimes does happen?
Old 11-18-2006, 07:11 AM
Banned

The answer is:
it depends....(don't you love concise answers)

If you are the kind of cruiser who likes to pick their own cabin location and you have a particular location that you prefer...then booking early is for you.

If you have to make airline arrangements (or other arrangements) that require some early booking...then booking early is for you.

However, if you are flexible in both schedule and cabin location, if you are willing to take the chance that the rates won't go up ~which they do~ and you are willing to miss the cruise altogether because it sells out....then waiting to the last minute can save you money!
Old 11-18-2006, 04:22 PM

I booked early and got a rate reduction right before we left and got a on board credit so I suggest booking early to get a better cabin if not more likely you will be at the bottom and also we got a upgrade on our cabin
Old 11-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Banned

Purple is absolutely correct IF you have a TA or PVP that will go to bat for you. For some unexplainable reason, that I can not figure out, some folks have a hard time getting that OBC or upgrades after the final payment has been made.

Personally, I think it is all in who you deal with. Persistance seems to be the key from what I have read.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:17 PM

Thank you experienced cruisers for the advice. I booked because I have to have these dates, this port and I like the balcony aft my agent found for me. Sailing Liberty in Feb with 3000 other people - first cruise.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:09 AM

Nopers, They don't want to give much after you get out of Cancellation Period. Which is the day Final Payment is due. They don't like to change booking codes after then, but if your code goes down they will sometimes give the OBC.

See, sometimes your original code has an "Upgrade" such as buy 6A get 6D, then when you call later about it going down that offer may not be available. The price for 6A may have went down, but you won't be getting 6D Empress Deck.

Sorry to be technical, but went through it myself as a CCL Agent. Example, my Resident rate went lower for 6A than my Past Guest rate, but it did not include 6A to 6D Upgrade.

I think one should start figuring out where they want to go about 8 months out, and start serious shopping about 6 months out. Pick your cabin if doing assigned, and if it goes down, ride it down untill final payment. Then still be persistent if you booked a guarantee and don't care about a higher deck.

Prices do go higher on specialty cruises, when school is out cruises, and Holiday cruises, and New Ships.

IMHO,
IslandCruz

Closed Thread