Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gdjoslin:
We didn't book our excursions through the ship. In Acapulco we booked an all day tour (8 hours) with Rosie for $30pp. She took us to the Cliff Divers, shopping and other popular spots, it was fantastic. In Zihuntenjo we hung out on the beach and swam and played in the sand all day and did some shopping. The kids had a great time. In Manzanillo was the only place where I wished we had booked a ship excursion, there is not much to do there if you don't. I heard that other people had a great time on the turtle excursion.
Glad you had a good time. How was your weather? What kind of entertament was on board. We are going to be on her the later part of Feb.
Thought the turtle excursion was in Acapulco.

Thanks
The weather was great! The first day out of San Diego and the last day before San Diego were kind of chilly, but nothing that a sweatshirt couldn't solve. The port days were down right hot!

The entertainment was good. We went to the show in Pharaoh's Palace everynight. Some shows were better than others, but all were enjoyable. The best was the night that the Spirit Dancers did a broadway review and the last nights Legend Show was great! We also really enjoyed the magician, I think his name was Cameron, and the male comedian, I can't remember his name, but I laughing so hard tears were streaming down my face.

There is a tutle excursion in Manzanillo too and I heard that it was way better than the Acapulco one. I also saw the video of it and it looked great.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:59 PM

Bnsheegirl,
Could you please tell me what nights are the formal nights on "the spirit"?We have the early sitting and just want to know if we need to pack our formals in our carry on bags.Thanks and any more tips will be greatly appreciated .BTW iI saw your web pix amd they are great.It got me so excited.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cesto2:
Bnsheegirl,
Could you please tell me what nights are the formal nights on "the spirit"?We have the early sitting and just want to know if we need to pack our formals in our carry on bags.Thanks and any more tips will be greatly appreciated .BTW iI saw your web pix amd they are great.It got me so excited.
The first formal night is the 2nd night and the last formal night is the second to last night.

I'm trying to think of tips that would be helpful. Orientation for Camp Carnival is the first night. Since you have early seating (we did too) you will need to get ready for formal night early, make sure you give yourselves enough extra time to go the the picture stations before dinner becuase they are crowded later and you are wrinked from sitting down. There is an iron and ironing board in the laundry room, it was very helpful for getting out some stubbon wrinkes in my formal dress and hubby's shirt and tie and there was never anyone in there. Try to do the shows in Pharoah's Palace, we really enjoyed it. Have breakfast in the dining room at least once, we always got seated at the aft so we could watch the wake behind the boat and they have a different daily egg special and it was always wonderful. Steam room and sauna were great, I wished I had used them more. The sandwich station on the lido deck has the best made to order sandwiches. You don't have to buy your photos when you see them, you can just weed them out and put them back on the board so you can compare with other nights. I made all of my decisions and purchases on photo's the last night. Take hangers. If you have a balcony room take a bungee cord to hold the door open, we loved having the door open to listen to the ocean. Book an excursion for Manzanillo, we found out this was not a port you could really just do something on your own in besides some basic shopping downtown. We loved Zihuantenjo, we found a great un-crowded beach and played in the sand and surt all day, it was our favorite stop.

If you can think of any other questions I would be happy to answer.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:10 PM

BNSHEEGIRL,

THANKS FOR THE PICTURES THEY WERE GREAT.

THE ROOM AND VIEW IS AWESOME! I HAD THIS PICTURE IN MY MIND OF A LIFEBOAT RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BALCONY.

WHEN YOU BOOKED YOUR TRIP WITH ROSIE DID YOU DO IT THROUGH THE INTERNET OR ON THE SHIP? ALSO, DO THEY CHARGE $30 FOR THE KIDS TO?

DID YOU BRING ANY ALCOHOL ONTO THE SHIP? IF SO WHAT WAS YOUR WAY OF DOING IT.

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD ALONG WITH THE SERVICE.

LAST OF ALL, IF THERE WAS ONE THING ON YOUR TRIP THAT YOU COULD SAY YOU WERE NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT WOULD THAT BE?

NINE MORE DAYS BEFORE WE FLY OUT AND I AM SO EXCITED I CAN'T WAIT.

YOUR RESPONSE TO ALL MY QUESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS,
R.L.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by prometrick:
BNSHEEGIRL,

THANKS FOR THE PICTURES THEY WERE GREAT.

THE ROOM AND VIEW IS AWESOME! I HAD THIS PICTURE IN MY MIND OF A LIFEBOAT RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BALCONY.

WHEN YOU BOOKED YOUR TRIP WITH ROSIE DID YOU DO IT THROUGH THE INTERNET OR ON THE SHIP? ALSO, DO THEY CHARGE $30 FOR THE KIDS TO?

DID YOU BRING ANY ALCOHOL ONTO THE SHIP? IF SO WHAT WAS YOUR WAY OF DOING IT.

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD ALONG WITH THE SERVICE.

LAST OF ALL, IF THERE WAS ONE THING ON YOUR TRIP THAT YOU COULD SAY YOU WERE NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT WOULD THAT BE?

NINE MORE DAYS BEFORE WE FLY OUT AND I AM SO EXCITED I CAN'T WAIT.

YOUR RESPONSE TO ALL MY QUESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS,
R.L.
First - the ONLY thing that I was not happy with was that the vacation ended! I have no complaints at all. I wish the weather had been warmer on the first and last days, but that's it.

I'm glad the pictures helped, like you I had the same picture in my mind of looking directly at an orange life boat.

We booked Rosie via e-mail. Her tour is not one that can be booked through the ship. She didn't charge for the really little kids, even though they took up a space with a car seat in her van, but we paid her anyway. In fact, we paid her more than she asked for the adults too. We gave her $50 per adult and $30 for the kids because we had such a fantastic day with her.

We did take alcohol on-board. My husband is an aviation mechanic and he has a locking foam padded tool box called a Pelican Box that he uses to travel on the airlines with his very expensive tools. We loaded that with 3 bottles of wine, 2 bottles of champagne and 4 one liter bottles of rum in their original plastic containers. When we checked our luggage with the porter the bag was locked and he just loaded it on the cart with our other bags, no problem. Our luggage arrived in our stateroom around 2:30 so apparently they were no problems. The people we were traveling with just packed their bottles of rum in zip lock bags and put them in their suitcase with their clothing. Hubby carried a small rum bottle in one of those neoprene wine bottle holders around the ship all the time and he just poured his rum into the coke when bought it. He had the soda card and the souviner carnival cup. I bought one or two drinks of the day, per day since I don't drink soda or rum.

I think that the quality of the food was great, lots of choices in the dining room and the buffet. We only ate at the buffet twice, we prefered to eat all of our meals in the dining room. The service was fantastic in the dining room for breakfast and lunch, but our waitress at night seemed to have trouble keeping orders straight, she forgot items frequently. The service at the buffet was fantastic too. The sandwich guy was awsome!

You will have a fantastic time with your family! If you think of anything else before you leave, just let me know.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:14 PM

I too am going on the 8 night Spirit cruise. I just wanted to thank you for all the posts they are answering many questions and filling me in on what to expect! Any information on Camp Carnival? we will be depending on them much!! How do you go about tipping the counselors??
Old 01-31-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wienergirls:
I too am going on the 8 night Spirit cruise. I just wanted to thank you for all the posts they are answering many questions and filling me in on what to expect! Any information on Camp Carnival? we will be depending on them much!! How do you go about tipping the counselors??
Glad my info is helpful.

Camp Carnival is great, lots of activites & projects for the kids. The counselors are very nice and helpful. It's very secure and if you are staying on deck 5, it's very conveniently located too. Becareful not to miss orientation. You can get envelopes at the pursers desk to put cash in to give to the counselors.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:04 AM

MY WIFE AND TWO CHILDREN AGED 11 AND 9 JUST SPENT 8 WONDERFUL NIGHTS ON THE CARNIVAL SPIRIT CRUISE THROUGH THE MEXICAN RIVIERA IN LATE OCTOBER.THE KIDS CLUB WAS AWESOME,WHILE ON BOARD WE HARDLY SAW OUR CHILDREN THEY JUST LOVED IT, THEY WERE ABLE TO COME AND GO AS THEY PLEASED BUT CHOOSE TO STAY AND PLAY WITH THIER NEW FRIENDS FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD. THE FOOD ON BOARD WAS PLENTIFUL AND OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY, WE JUST GOT SICK OF DRESSING UP TO GO TO THE DINING ROOM SO WE ATE CASUAL MOST OF THE TIME IN THE LA PLAYER GRILL. I SUGGEST YOU BUY A DRINK CARD AT THE START OF THE CRUISE ABOUT $40 DOLLARS EACH AND PACK SOME ALCOHOL IN YOUR SUITCASES WE TOOK FIVE LITRES AND HAD NO PROBLEMS. DON'T PAY THE PRICES TO GET YOUR GIRL'S HAIR BRAIDED ON BOARD THE SHIP AS WE ONLY PAID $10 DOLLARS IN THE PORT'S YOU CAN BARGAIN. ALSO DON'T BOOK ANY ACTIVITIES ONBOARD THE SHIP,WHAT A RIP OFF. I THINK WE PAID $50 DOLLARS FOR A FIVE HOUR TOUR OF ACAPULCO IN AN AIR CONDITIONED 4WD FOR 4 OF US,HE TOOK US TO THE CLIFF DIVERS ,THEY ARE MAD AND SHOWED US FROM ONE END OF THE BAY TO THE OTHER THEN TOOK US SHOPPING FOR AN HOUR, GOOD VALUE.IN MANZINILLO WE TOOK A TAXI TO A BEAUTIFUL BEACH ABOUT 30 MINS FROM PORT, AND SPENT THE DAY RELAXING IN THE WATER AS THE HEAT WAS UNBEARABLE, I HIRED A WAVERUNNER FOR $50 DOLLARS FOR 30 MINS AND TOOK THE GIRLS OUT FOR SOME FUN . IN XTAPA WE JUST WENT SHOPPING FOR THE DAY AND HAD A GOOD LOOK AROUND AT THE DIFFERENT CULTURE. MAKE SURE YOU GO TO ALL THE SHOWS ONBOARD. OVERALL I HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME JUST LIKE WE DID.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, ccl, cruise, forums, good, kids, mexican, pack, reviews, riviera, room, spirit