Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 10:55 AM

arriving Newark airport same day. Is the Carnival bus transfer best way to go for 2? Husband recently had rotator cuff surgery, so don't want it to be too hard on him. Taxi or something else work as well? Thanks for info.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Administrator

It is 15 miles from the airport to the pier, but it is also a 45 minute drive. The Carnival transfers are probably the best way to go in your situation if you've already purchased them or are using cruise line air.

A cab will be around $45, plus tolls and tip.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:44 PM

The Carnival transfers are $40 per person each way. The latest flight arrival time is 1PM for the transfers, if that is a consideration as well.

Dwayne
Old 08-15-2008, 10:09 PM

Just did the return portion from the trip to Newark airport yesterday. We took a cab back and it was $63 plus tip. On the way we took what another person here suggested which was the airlink shuttle. goairlinkshuttle.com I believe was the site. You can call or book on line. However, they were a pain for the return, so we just took the cab back. They pick you up at the airport and take you straight to the ship. $34 was the total price for 2. Take that there and cab or through the cruise line for the return. Cab will be faster since you won't have to wait for a shuttle of people to fill. Just a suggestion from me since we just did it.
Nov. 2006- Carnival Paradise
Apr 2007- Celebrity Century
June 2007- Carnival Paradise
November 2007- Carnival Paradise
March 2008- Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas
June 2008- Holland America Oosterdam (Alaska)
August 2008, Carnival Victory (Canada)
October, 2008 Carnival Paradise (Mexico)
November 2008, Carnival Imagination, Key West/Cozumel
February 2009, Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
April 2009, Carnival Victory (S.Caribbean)
Coming Soon- June 2009, HAL Eurodam (Northern Europe)
Coming Soon- Nov.2009 Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
Old 08-16-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grandmag:
arriving Newark airport same day. Is the Carnival bus transfer best way to go for 2? Husband recently had rotator cuff surgery, so don't want it to be too hard on him. Taxi or something else work as well? Thanks for info.
Thanks everyone for info
Old 08-27-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by etinca:
Just did the return portion from the trip to Newark airport yesterday. We took a cab back and it was $63 plus tip. On the way we took what another person here suggested which was the airlink shuttle. goairlinkshuttle.com I believe was the site. You can call or book on line. However, they were a pain for the return, so we just took the cab back. They pick you up at the airport and take you straight to the ship. $34 was the total price for 2. Take that there and cab or through the cruise line for the return. Cab will be faster since you won't have to wait for a shuttle of people to fill. Just a suggestion from me since we just did it.
Thanks for info. Checked it out - now have to make a decision for Sept. 20. We don't get in til 12:14 so there may be a time crunch. What time did you arrive in Newark?
Sounds like Carnival's transfer may be the "safest" but leaning toward shuttle to save money. Hope to hear from you or someone. G
Old 08-30-2008, 09:00 PM

Wow, you are cutting it close. We came in a day ahead. Newark airport often has weather delays. I would go with the Carnival transportation, but check to see what the latest arrival is to get you to the ship. If you are with them, you have a chance to have them hold for you since they are expecting you, but they won't promise that. If you get in really late, but in time for the ship, grab a taxi and tell him to move fast. It will be a $65-$75 trip.
The day you fly, try to go standby early if you can to avoid any issues. Just my suggestion.
Nov. 2006- Carnival Paradise
Apr 2007- Celebrity Century
June 2007- Carnival Paradise
November 2007- Carnival Paradise
March 2008- Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas
June 2008- Holland America Oosterdam (Alaska)
August 2008, Carnival Victory (Canada)
October, 2008 Carnival Paradise (Mexico)
November 2008, Carnival Imagination, Key West/Cozumel
February 2009, Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
April 2009, Carnival Victory (S.Caribbean)
Coming Soon- June 2009, HAL Eurodam (Northern Europe)
Coming Soon- Nov.2009 Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
Old 08-30-2008, 11:07 PM

Etinca - thanks for info. I think we are leaning toward Carnival's transfer. i guess we like to gamble - we've always made it in time. I know Newark is bad and time of year is bad, but we will cross our fingers. One year the hurricane after Katrina followed or chased us up the New England coast. Whee! Been on 21+ Carnival cruises and 2 Norwegian. grandmag

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, ny, victory