I am having trouble choosing which cruise to go on! I'm deciding between Carnival Glory and Destiny...both are similar in price so I'm not sure how to decide. I've considered the following:
- Glory is a newer ship
- flights to Orlando (for the Glory) seem more expensive than to San Juan (for Destiny)
- also for the Glory, the Port Canaveral is farther from the airport
- but the Destiny has a great itinerary with no days at sea whereas the Glory has more days at sea...
Whave have people's experiences been??
I have sailed on the Glory - it is a nice Ship.
The Destiny was the prototype for the Destiny Class ( Destiny, Triumph and Victory) and later Conquest Class, so it has one less deck and is shorter than the Glory.
The ships have very similar layouts except for the steached part, and the Conquest Class has a supper club that the 3 Destiny class ships do not.
It is about a 1 hour drive from Orlando to Port Canaveral.
I wanted to sail on the Destiny myself, but the flights were more expensive from Toronto - all of the cheap flights could not connect with the ship. We saved CDN$1,000.00 ($880 US) for a party of 3 by flying into Miami on the Truimph.
If you want the itinerary then go with the Destiny.
p.s. you are lucky - you must live near an airport that has frequent connections to San Juan.
Also keep in mind the Destiny will be changing the itinerary for 2008 to:
San Juan, leave 10:00 pm
San juan arrive 7:00 am
Funny you think that I live near an airport. In fact, I actually live in Toronto (what a coincidence!) and the flights I was looking at are flying out of Buffalo. I WISH I lived in Florida...http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...icon_smile.gif
When do you plan to take the trip?
I mean they are changing their itinerary in 2008
I never been at the Carnival Glory but let’s be logic:
• The to ships are similar no much differences
• “Flights to Orlando (for the Glory) seem more expensive than to San Juan (for Destiny)” also remember when you arrive at port during Sunday have the opportunity to see San Juan and Puerto Rico.
• Remember that Destiny will be different because you will have an opportunity to taste Latin experience for all I have read in different reviews.
• Maybe you can get an upgrade at your cabin at the Destiny with the extra $$$.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:10 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2