Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Banned

We were on the second sailing out of drydock.

I was disappointed because we sailed the Imagination shortly out of dry dock and it was BEAUTIFUL.

Don't get me wrong...it did not ruin my cruise but I was disappointed because the Fantasy (for the most part) looked like the ship we had sailed on last year. (with the added touches of course).

I can't speak to the food because I am not a foodie and we did not eat in the formal dining room much on this cruise. (For years we have eaten there every night without fail.) So I actually tried the buffet ...surprise. It was ok. Nothing to write home (or cruise-chat) about.

We still had a good time...
Old 11-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Banned

Btw, did anyone do karaoke with Rozwin or hang out in the Piano Bar with Ron C....
Old 11-03-2008, 02:43 PM

Sure did! Only got to karaoke once but did frequent the piano bar with Robbie C. He has been on many cruises I have been on and probably the best piano man at sea! Music Manila was terrific in Cats lounge also.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:12 PM

As a previous crewmate in the Galley on a couple of ships I can relate to everything that has been said about the food - the good and bad. Unfortunately there is no excuse for the quality of the food, its the best that the dollar can buy and the quanities bought dictate the buyer to make sure he is getting the best. Some pre cooking is done all the time even when in port, but the final cooking is done the same evening as the presentation. So again there is no excuse for the poor quality of food being served.
If I were on the Fantasy and had meals served to me the way they appartently were, the head of the Food & Beverage Manager would have heard directly from me and also the Master Chef.

Just my 2 bits worth of info
Old 11-03-2008, 08:18 PM

I guess, now I know that I am a "foodie". To me fine food is part of the whole cruise experience. Again, I am not extremely picky, I just want it to taste good and something that I wouldn't normally prepare at home, like fried chicken. We only ate in the dining room two nights because it wasn't worth the hassle of getting ready to be there at a certain time. We chose not to worry with it and went to the buffet. I believe the previous writer, as the food on NCL was fresh and prepared very well. It will not keep me from cruising Carnival, but I do hope that it will be better next time.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:07 PM

Opps! Welcome back Boneman!

I am not a 'foodie' either. I have to agree though that the food on the Glory this time was lacking in quality compared to the previous cruise 3 years ago. It could have been a fluke with the run, but it was noticeable.

I have to say in all fairness that the salad bar in the Lido restaurant was an improvement. Everything was fresh and crisp and well presented even during busy times.

Dwayne
Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 PM

yes the fantasy, had the worst food , was the meat under cooked like mine was ,? i ate pizza and ice cream mostly, i like the breakfast , the dinning not that great and the service there also was bad. i couldnt even get a coke refill. awfull

Closed Thread

Tags
back, bar, cariniville, carnaval, carnival, complaints, cruise, cruises, day, entertainment, fantasy, piano, robbie, rozwin, smell, work