Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 04:14 PM

i have never cruised and we are considering "dream" ship the eastern caribeann in may...our neighbors booked the spa rooms on the 11th floor. my question is my agent has a cabin that is 10 cabins down from them that is 200.oocheaper but not part of the cloud nine spa rooms...what are the advantages of being in the cloud nine spa rooms? any hints would be greatly appericated about the cruise and ship!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

The Carnival Dream has not sailed yet, so nobody has first hand information on the cabins or really anything. However, if you look here you will see why the Cloud 9 Spa cabins will be popular with some guests.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:51 PM

I didn't realize it had not sailed yet, i knew it was a new ship but i didn't realize how new! when i read that it had a fitness center, i then knew why my neighbors wanted to stay in those suites (they are workout fanatics! and we are not!) thanks for that infor it helped
Old 08-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
they are workout fanatics! and we are not!
Yes, me too. I am the guy who people in the ship's gym sees standing outside, looking in through a window while eating a slice of pizza and flagging down a bar waiter.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:47 PM

In addition to having private access to the wonderful spa Dave linked into; you will get spa amenities, 2 fitness classes for up to 2 people, and priority in making spa appointments.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:54 PM

Hi kathyfromarnold, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Another and significant difference is the spa cabins are strictly non-smoking. This includes the balconies. Here is a link to view the Carnival Dream cabin descriptions.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 08-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Banned

While the Dream has not sailed yet, I have had a Spa cabin on the Splendor which will be an identical set up.

First, I need to say that I am NOT a Spa person.
(I know...weird for a lady to say that).

I LOVE THE SPA CABIN.

1. it is nonsmoking in the cabins or on the balconies.
2. you get a wristband in your room that gives you unlimited use of the thalassotherapy pool (which I fell in love with) and the sauna and relaxation rooms (which I fell in love with).
3. you get cute little slippers to take home.

The wristband can also be purchased on a daily basis (on the Splendor it was $35 per day)...so if you do not think you would use the pool 24/7 (like I did) ... you could go with the cheaper cabin and just purchase the wristband for a few days.

The Spa cabin also have some Elmeris body soap and shampoo and conditioner (like hotel samples)...which were nice...but definately not worth $200.00.

We aware that only TWO people in a Spa cabin get the wristbands.

And IF you are upgraded from a regular cabin to a Spa cabin for free...you do not get the wristbands.

We have a Spa cabin booked for the Dream December 3rd and I can't wait.

9 days in the thalasso pool...I am sooo going to look like a prune!!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:20 PM

Ummmm, isn't the sauna free to use for anyone? I have always gone up to the spa to you the showers (with 3 ladies in the cabin, its faster for me to use the shower in the locker rooms in the spa) where I have used steam room and sauna. I never thought there was an extra spa charge for using those.

And the whirlpool/jacuzzi in the gym, that was always no charge too, adult only, but free... please tell me I misunderstand and that Carnival isn't going to start nickle and diming us to death for services that were no charge.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-25-2009, 06:34 PM

Jim,
The fees are for use of the Thalasso pool and the Thermal Suite. They will have separate access. These are different than your regular saunas and whirlpools. You will have access to the gym and locker rooms.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:11 PM

No more whirlpools in the spa and they have been removing them from existing ships.

The gym, regular steam rooms, and I believe a coed sauna will be available for normal passengers.

Instead of $35/day, commoners can also buy packages for the cruise to the spa. Think that comes out to under $20/day, but per person.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabins, carnival, charge, cloud, cruise, dream, free, room, rooms, sauna, ship, spa, steam, usage, wristbands