Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Jim,

Yes, I guess just a simple tag that says "Carnival Whatever, cabin XXX, departure date XX/XX/XX" would work. Stick it on at the pier. All that would be needed is to write in the cabin number since the tags should be pre-printed with the ship and date.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
"Carnival Whatever, cabin XXX, departure date XX/XX/XX"
Dave,
I wish you hadn't done that! I shudder to think of the number of people that will put tags on their luggage that actually read:

"Carnival WHATEVER, Cabin XXX, Departure XX/XX/XX"

and then complain when they don't get their luggage

Old 11-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Administrator

You are probably correct, Chuck!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:39 PM

OK, does anyone actually know if "real tags" are available? I guess I will find out Saturday. I will let you all know.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:57 PM

That is pretty funny Chuck!

Dave, I got mine about six weeks ago and they had the real tags. Mine were directly from Carnival in the regular blue folder as always. I wonder if some TAs are printing them and sending them to the customers. This was the reason I avoided edocs, plus I like the traditional docs and the folders to keep for reference.

3M makes "Bag Tags" as they call them. I have had them on the luggage for about 5 years. They are pretty strong and a great back up. On this last cruise at debarkation one piece was missing from our section, a CCL employee found it by the extra tag I showed him on the other luggage. The new number debarkation tag was still on there, I had just put it on the side instead of the top, so they didn't see it I guess.

Dwayne
Old 11-14-2007, 07:39 AM

I booked my cruise through Carnival, got the blue folders with my documents in them, but NO colored luggage tags. Only the paper ones. We had to use those last year, and I didn't like them at all. We used the clear tape on them, but it was still a pain to have to go through all of that.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
Jim,

Yes, I guess just a simple tag that says "Carnival Whatever, cabin XXX, departure date XX/XX/XX" would work. Stick it on at the pier. All that would be needed is to write in the cabin number since the tags should be pre-printed with the ship and date.
We did one sailing with a "friends and Family" booking compliments of our daughter. No blue book, no tags, nothing except a booking number she had emailed to us. We were not that familiar with what was needed and wound up putting "Triumph" and "Cabin XXXX" on our luggage with white out. Fortunately the pier added a real tag and we got our luggage with no problem. I still wonder if the white out would have done it.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Banned

I can confirm that when our "snail mail" documents arrived for our December 8th cruise on the Holiday.....there were no "old fashioned colored elastics" luggage tags.

My first thought was "oh my, they forgot to put the luggage tags in"....then I started looking at my documents and there the paper tags were "attached" in the document.

Yes, it is heavier stock than regular paper but they are not "colored" like the ones I printed out on the computer after we got the docs.

Hope this "first hand" experience helps.

It is my understanding that this applies to cruises sailing AFTER December 1st. However, we all know how "consistant" Carnival can be...so I am certain there will be those who may still get the elastic ones...

Time to laminate!!!
Old 11-16-2007, 06:23 PM

We just got ours for 12-9-07 cruise on Conquest. Only paper tags in documents.
Would there be a problem if we folded them in half like it say and have them laminated, then do a punch hole in corner and attach to one of those plastic stapes and handle.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:35 PM

Hi retired, That sounds like a good idea to me. I talked with Carnival yesterday, and sure enough this is what they are going to be sending from now on. You might want to put an additional name tag on as well. And get the better tags from the pier porter also.

LHP said it right..time to laminate!

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
barcodes, carnival, copies, cruise, good, idea, inside, lugage, luggage, make, passports, printing, real, tags, triumph