Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Luggage Tags (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/27940-luggage-tags.html)

Julie K 11-10-2007 08:54 PM

Hi, Does anyone know if you can get "real " luggage tags at the port upon arrival? I printed my own docs and these paper tags aren't going to last. I would have thought Carnival would at least send out tags even if you chose to print your own docs! Thanks for any answers.

gdjoslin 11-10-2007 09:11 PM

I do not believe that they do, perhaps other will answer also.
If you put some wide clear mailing tape over them they will last.

Dwayne 11-10-2007 10:11 PM

Yes, they have the real luggage tags at the pier terminal. When you pull up if driving tell them you need tags. Tell them the color and section and they will bring them immediately. It is a good idea to have a pen handy to fill the tags out. We use a sharpie and just write the cabin number and put an address label on them. It is also a good idea to have an extra tag with your name etc. on your luggage.

Dwayne

Berick1234 11-11-2007 07:14 AM

I use the packing tape trick too...works great...depends on which cruise lines you are going on...some stil have the plastic tags...but I'm sure that will change with the cost of everything going up...
Happy sailing...

Bob E

Julie K 11-11-2007 07:30 AM

Thank you..I will probably grab some when I get there. Can't wait, 6 days until I leave. Yea!!

TrvlPro 11-11-2007 09:24 AM

Some of you have found great ways of making a very bad decision on the cruiselines part work for you. Printed papaer tags are a very bad idea. Dwayne is right, don't bother with the temp tags unless you're very creative like a couple of posters here and have a way to make them permanent. There are a lot of porters at the pier and all will have the real thing when you arrive.

Cheers, Neil

Berick1234 11-11-2007 11:44 AM

Julie,

I've got 74 days before I get to go...and with the snow and ice coming soon here in Minnesota, it's a long ways off:-)....Happy cruising...

Bob E

Dave 11-11-2007 12:13 PM

I'm with Neil and Dwayne on this - don't bother trying to make those silly paper tags work. Just ask for the real thing from a porter at the dock. Works fine. And yes, we do carry a sharpie with us to fill them out.

I really wonder who at the cruise lines think having passengers print out tags at home is a good idea. Whoever thought it up would not be getting a good performance evaluation or raise from me.

Dave 11-11-2007 12:18 PM

No doubt the e-mailing of luggage tags was a scheme hatched by the bean counters in the accounting departments.

Jim C. 11-11-2007 12:29 PM

And its the luggage tags thing that makes me still ask for mailed documents. If they would send me some real tags I would elect for the electronic documents. At some point they are gonig to deny the mailed documents, that is not going to be good. Although I like the packing tape idea. Simple and strong.