Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2007, 01:07 AM

I didn't say roll over but in just about every country in this world there would have been an investigation which would have mean't the passengers would not be allowed to leave the country. Most countires including your own require more than 3 hours to investigate such an incident....These 3rd world jails are not really the Ritz so you would want to avoid having to spend ANY time there at all costs!!! (for pete sakes give them your money!!- what ever they want but for heavens sake don't get inot a scrap!!!)

The question I would be asking as the authorities in question would be be why was it necessary (remember the gent is a trained marine)to kill the little idiot rather than just incapacitate him??? That is the difference the guy is DEAD and that is why I would have expected the passenger to be enjoying the "comforts" of a CR jail rather than be heading home on a cruise ship after only a 3 hr delay.

Over and above that the gentleman was 70??? years old what were the chances of him getting hurt himself or others around him?? Bearing in mind the little Twit is supposed to have had a gun!!! At times one needs to think before one jumps. This time it went fine for the passengers but it could have just as easily have gone the other way....
Old 02-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
quote:
Originally posted by A;ndrea:
Leta, It's a seedy place. A lot like Jamaica. Like others have stated, use common sense in foreign countries and stick with organized tours.
Sorry but I have to jump in here. That is a completely false statement. Puerto Rico is a great place with wonderful people. There is "seedy", anywhere you go and many places in the good old USA! I feel sorry for that guy's family but a little research and common sense may have kept him alive.

Second point is Puerto Rico is not a foreign country. It is a commonwealth of the United States.

Ken

PS CruiseDad, I wouldn't have my daughter contact someone who says he is a news producer. Fact is we don't know who he is or what he does.

Yes, my Daughter and I came to the same conclusion. Thanks
Old 02-27-2007, 11:49 AM

Moeve, I can't invest much emotion regarding this because a lot of the facts are missing. If he had to kill him to keep the guy from threatening their lives, he did right. Too many people do just roll over and let it happen, just like 911 when people on three flights went to their deaths being threatened with utility knives.

I thought we were done with sitting there and taking it. The X Marine did the right thing because the situation demanded it. Even if he was a Marine trained to kill, that had to be fourty years ago.

Apparently it was not only about money but we don't know the details yet.

Ken
Old 02-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Administrator

And I'd say he didn't intend to kill the SOB. He most likely was trying to render him unconscious and the clavicle break happened. This is no doubt the choke hold we were taught in Marine basic training during close combat class.

I would go into gouging out eyes and eating them, but I don't want to be too dramatic.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I would go into gouging out eyes and eating them, but I don't want to be too dramatic
I believe this Happened right after Lunch anyway
Old 02-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I agree with you Chef Ken about 911, but that is when the Americans woke up to not rolling over anymore. The victims just never expected it and was always taught to give them what they want and you will walk away..yeah right. I don't think you will ever see that mentality again. "lets roll" will forever be etched in our minds. The first response I have read in here that is right on and that is to be aware of your surroundings and use common sense, it is NOT candy land out there...it does have some very nasty people in with the good ones and that is for any and port or for that matter anywhere on this earth. I would go to point two, but don't want to upset the gentleman from Germany...lets just say I will check out my fellow comrades when off the ship and back the strongest one. In conversation find out if we have a Marine with us feel a whole heck of a lot safer. I am going to enjoy my cruise and my life and not live in fear of any thugs or terrorist.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 02-28-2007, 01:39 AM

Right!!! you learned from 911 - What please?!?! - sorry I have been discussing why having passports is really important when one leaves ones own country with too many Americans who have learned nothing over the passed couple of weeks!

I simply wanted to point out that in every other country including your own the gentleman would now be in jail waiting for investigations being wraped up. Besides the little Twit with the gun would normally have been faster than the 70 year. Bottom Line is he probably wasn't being very senseable taking the odds against him.

I would prefer our passengers to be safe all over the world but when they get into scraps they have to take care and rather give up the cash and cc before they endanger their own lives or the lives of fellow passgeners around them.
I just wanted to point out that these guys were just lucky others trying to repeat such a stunt will probably not be so and other countires would probably treat the person in question a whole lot differently. I am harping on the point because it is not something to be repeated!!!

Baby doll the gentleman from Germany is a lady thank you.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:38 AM

From a Canadian point of view, I am sorry Moeve, but I find your comments quite offensive. What exactly do you mean - "Right!!! you learned from 9/11?" I think everyone, including Canada (we also lost some folks, as well as, watched in horror what was happening to our closest friends and allies) learned some valuable life lessons from 9/11. While I understand the point you are attempting to make about foreign jails, it is awfully presumptuous of you to assume that you know best about how this 70 y/o marine and his tour mates should have acted - when you were not there and no one really knows the full circumstances. None of knows how things went down, what was said etc. and we might have reacted differently or in the same way. Sorry, I'm with baby doll.

Free Cruise Tickers
Carnival Miracle-05/07
Grandeur of the Seas-03/06
Caribbean Princess-04/05
Old 02-28-2007, 08:30 AM

Ok before this goes on anymore I am withdrawing from this thread so it does not get out of hand...

Closed Thread

Tags
attack, attacked, carnival, costa, croux, cruise, driver, excursion, favorites, honeymooners, passenger, passengers, private, rica, ship, st