Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2007, 06:10 PM

Has anyone ever been on a cruise at Christmas time on Carnival? Do they do anything special? Do they have any religous services?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Rhonda66:
Has anyone ever been on a cruise at Christmas time on Carnival? Do they do anything special? Do they have any religous services?
My daughter dances for Carnival and has urged us for 5 years to cruise at Christmas or New Years. It costs more. But there are special shows at Christmas and other events that she thinks we would like. She finds New Years on the ocean to be spectacular.

As far as Religious services, I have never seen any that were not just coincidence. No ship sanctioned services. I take a few quiet moments on Sundays and on the Spirit there was a chaple but not on the Liberty or Glory. you could book a room and hold your own.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Never been during Christmas week...

I went a few years ago on a ship that left New Year's day....ship was still decorated for Christmas...Beautiful...and the crew was still in the Holiday mood.....It should be a wonderful time to go.....Happy Sailing

Bob E
Old 11-28-2007, 05:53 PM

Thanks guys! I was wondering if they decorated the ships too. I bet New Year's is alot of fun on a cruise ship!
Old 11-30-2007, 10:25 AM

Hi Rhonda66,

The first cruise we took our 3 sons on was back in 1999 on the Tropicale. We left on 12/23 and I thought I was really being a smarty by taking a small Christmas Tree and some of the presents!

Boy, oh Boy, you should have seen the stuff people brought to decorate their cabins! Some of them brought full-size trees, lights, wreaths for the cabin doors -- unbelievable!

Needless to say, we had a blast. The ship looked beautiful, lots of very nice decorations, the pictures were great to give as gifts, the Captains Christmas Dinner was very special. My sons were almost overwhelmed, but became immediate cruise addicts.

We haven't gone on another Christmas Cruise, but they are in college now, so we take an annual Spring Break cruise.

Hope you have a super time. It's wonderful on a holiday cruise! (or any other cruise, for that matter)

Mary

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-30-2007, 11:11 AM

Be prepared for pricing to be around double for Christmas and New Year sailings. If you want to do it this year, don't procrastinate. About half the ships are now sold out and there are very few cabins on the ones with any space left. If you do it give us a review when you get back.

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-01-2007, 02:28 PM

ive been taking christmas cruises these past 4 years on carnival. and im taking one on the 23rd on the valor. i love it. they decorate the ships soooo beautifully. and sometimes even though the ships are decorated, u forget its chistmas cuz there's no snow and it not cold. but i consider that a good thing since i live in chicago. in fact it just got through snowing and its freezing out there now
Old 12-02-2007, 06:09 AM

We took a Christmas cruise on RC a couple years ago. The ship was beautifully decorated but the down side (at least for us) was tons of kids on the ship. The staff told us that out of 3000 passengers, 1800 were children. Fine for those with kids, but a bit much for us.

Closed Thread

Tags
canrival, carnival, christmas, cruise, cruises, decorated, fascination, legend, lines, review, reviews, ship, ships, special, taking