Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 01:40 PM

Rumor has it that they are really doing this. I guess no more water bottles for me.

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 03-28-2007, 01:55 PM
We'll see; we haven't heard the end of this yet.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:26 PM

We just got our ticket packet in the mail two weeks ago. In the packet it states, "Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All liquor, excessive quantities of wine and non-alcoholic beverages to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

I don't know how it stated it in the past, but that's what it says now. Hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:41 PM

It is a sad day. But it is true according to an updated FAQ on their site.

Most notable changes are:

Prohibit Non-Alcoholic Beverages, it use to say a reasonable quantity to be determined.

One bottle of Wine per guest, it use to say Fine Wine and did not make a certain limit.

It does not mention Water, and technically water is not a Beverage.

I don't know how this is going to fly. Many people bring a few bottles of soda onboard because they don't sell what they drink. Myself included.

This is Greed taken to a new level IMHO.

Here is a link:

http://carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_...on_Policy.aspx
Old 03-28-2007, 10:16 PM

Now I am confused? I though water was included with meals? Is this water for shore excursions?

Free Cruise Clocks

Carnival Pride 7-8-2007 Mexican Riviera
Old 03-28-2007, 11:13 PM

We are talking about what you can bring on board. Ship's water is free, and tea, and coffee, and juices.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:09 AM

Not trying to be a cruise line policy advocate, but please don't make this a big issue. Usually new policies are a reaction to occurences or events. Beverages in suitcases get heavy and may not be packed well and the multitude of bags being handled, sometimes roughly, is enormous. Containers get broken and passengers get mad because the porters did not handle their luggage carefully. With the new policy, case closed..the beverages should not have been there. this scenario is probably one of many that led to this printed policy.

Another factor could be over-abuse of the previous policy, and I honestly cannot imagine a hometown restaurant saying it is ok to bring your own beverages at all. A few cans and no one cares, but when truckloads arrive and they have to hire additional people to carry them on, it is a problem.

Please try and not let a 6-pack of your favorite beverage get in the way of a great vacation. Slip one in and don't say anything and I bet you'll be fine. Bring the pantry along and get tagged.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Banned

TN. That was probably the best answer I have seen on the beverage issue! Nice perspective!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:32 AM

Thanks Carlg! I always take a bottle of crown in my luggage and have NEVER had a problem. The only problem on the past cruise is I never opened it because I was having too much fun on deck!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 03-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Yes, we need to not get overwrought about these things. Let's just wait for reports to come in on how this thing is enforced. Personally I never bring any kind of beverages aboard at embarkation, although I often reboard in a port while sipping something - especially Mexican Coca-Cola which is better than the U.S. version. I'd like to think they wouldn't take my opened bottle from me or make me guzzle it down before entering the ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcoholic, beverage, beverages, bringing, carnival, carnivals, cruises, drinks, excessive, latest, luggage, onboard, policy, princess, strict