Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 11:17 PM

Now I gotta practice what I preach...a cruise is what you make it no matter what. Just got notice that the itinerary has changed because of the propulsion affecting the speed of the ship and, we are assured, NOT the services on board.

Problem is we selected this cruise because it was scheduled to go to Panama, Costa Rica and Belize. Now it's going to Costa Maya,Cozumel, Belize, Roatan AND we get a $50 per stateroom credit.

We are still very excited to be sailing again on the Miracle (our third time), but hope that they are serious about the propulsion being the only problem.

Will let you know when we get back. Boy, I'm not looking forward to being the bearer of kinda bad news. So much for the excursions we had booked. Now we get to book them on board...oh what fun!

Mary

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-13-2008, 12:57 AM

Hi Mary, I am sad to hear of this for you. I know you have been looking forward to going to Panama and counting the days.

Don't bother with the Shore Excursion Desk. Go to the VIP/Concierge section of the Purser's desk and have them take care of it for you.

I wish you the best with this, and to have a great cruise despite this major itinerary change.

Dwayne
Old 12-13-2008, 04:56 AM

Thanks Dwayne. We've had changes in the past and some of them were wonderful new places to visit! This time, we've been to 3 of the 4 but Costa Maya is practically brand new. We were there before the hurricane. And Cozumel's newly finished complex was complete when we were there last. Roatan we've never been to and we all love Belize, so it looks to be a great time.

Thanks for the tip on shore excursions. My kids had reserved white water rafting in Costa Rica, but I'm sure they'll find something great in our other choices.

But why is there so much trouble with propulsion systems? We've been on a couple of ships that couldn't wind up the rubber band up enough to boogie before. Is it because they can't maintain, only mend until they can fix? Will this affect the rest of the cruises on the Miracle or is it just the card WE drew?

No matter -- still cruising and it's number 10 for my Dad! Boys are at #8!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-13-2008, 07:27 AM

Mary, I don't know what is going on with the Miracle and it's propulsion. They announced last month that they were going to cancel the February 25th and March 5th cruises for a drydock to fix this. I was under the impression it was operational enough to do the Panama itinerary. Something must have happened further with it. They haven't posted any other itinerary changes yet that I have seen.

As you said, it's still cruising although disappointing. Congrats to the Dad on his 10th., and I hope it still turns out to be a great cruise.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
26sept, aug, carnival, change, cruise, irene, itinerary, miracle, reviews