Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 09:39 PM

Thinking about going on the Carnival Inspiration July 2008, anyone been on it, I have been on 3 cruises all with RCC. Any information would be most helpful. My sons are 15 and 16.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2007, 07:56 AM

Hi nysmurfett, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I think your sons will enjoy Carnival and the Inspiration is a nice ship. Cozumel and Grand Cayman are two great ports. Beautiful beaches, good snorkeling, good shopping. Sounds like a good idea to me. Is there something in particular you would like to know? If so, we'll do our best to answer. Once again, welcome aboard.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:56 PM

Hi nysmurfett!

Mike and I sailed on the Inspiration last June/July for a family reunion - it was awesome! That boat is one of the smaller ones, however I understand it just underwent at MAJOR facelift and I'd love to see the differences! We shared a stateroom with my sister and it was cozy!!! but fine - really, we were hardly ever in our rooms anyhow. The weather was HOT then and the chairs by the pool were at a premium ... Mike went up there at 6:30am one day and they were all already claimed! We beat the heat inside a lot at the various contests and even managed to take home three 24k-plastic-Ship-on-a-Stick trophies for our efforts! My cousin and I made it to the finals of the Slot Tournament and my dad also made the finals of the Blackjack Tournament - I'd highly recommend participating! On Cozumel we chose to do Passion Island - just a super-relaxing beach with lunch, hammocks, beach lounge chairs, and free drinks. We still had time afterward to hit up Carlos & Charlie's(I think?) before reboarding. One of the hurricanes a few summers back took out the pier so it's a tender ride in and out of shore. All in all we had a great time. I'd say though, that as with any vacation, they are what you make of them - choose to have fun and you will!

Enjoy your trip!

-Macaille
Old 10-17-2007, 09:37 PM

Our first cruise, seven cruises ago, was on Inspiration, a San Juan to New Orleans repositioning cruise. It was a wonderful cruise and we went on it again out of N.O. to the western Caribbean a year later. Passion Island off Cozumel was a super trip. The beautiful beach was private, and the air conditioned ride there was nice. I kept calling it Paradise Island, which it was. I see the ship has had a beautiful refurbishing and would love to make that trip on her again. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:42 AM

Hey Smurfett, I'm fresh off the Inspiration-just got back yesterday and YES, it is a wonderful ship to sail on. She has a fresh refubishment, which means all new carpet through out the ship, new tile,all bathroom fixtures, new flat screen tv's in all rooms-she's lookin pretty good. This was my 2nd cruise on her and I can't think of one thing I would complain about. The staff is excellent, the food is awesome and the entertainment along with things to do, is never ending. Like someone else said, she's not the biggest ship in the fleet, but she's plenty big enough for a great time. Go for it and enjoy your cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cayman, caymon, chat, cozumel, cruise, cruises, grand, inspiration, island, islands, paradise, port, review, reviews, room