Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2005, 03:41 PM

I have posted a couple times in reference to the Sensation. At first I was trying to find somebody that was going on the same cruise we are. Then I decided to just get a little feed back on the Sensation. Nobody ever talks about the sensation. My uncle told me that we are probably going on a cruise with a bunch of people that don't know anything about computers. Like small children and really really old people. That would be my luck. I'm trying to leave behind a stressful schedule of five children and a really really old mother. I'm starting to wonder if this ship is still sailing.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:58 PM

I hope she is. We are booked on Jan 9th. You can go to nola.com and click on the web cams and see a live picture of her and the Conquest when they are in port by the bridge. Kind of cool. Proof that she is real. You can really see the difference in size from her and the Conquest. check it out on Thursdays, Sundays (Conquest) and Mondays. Try cruisereviews.com and you may find a recent review. Good luck.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:39 PM

Dear Jo,
I sent you some info. re: the Sensation. Not sure if it went through? If, it didn't, let me know I'll send again. I'm not the best when it comes to computers. ugh
Old 08-15-2005, 05:45 PM

Hi Joarkn,
Sorry no one has responded regarding the Sensation. Are you going on the 4 or 5 night itinerary? I wish I could tell you more about the ship personally, but haven't sailed her. However, I did have some friends who sailed her a few months ago and their report was mixed. The room was fine, the shows were excellent and food was satisfactory (one thought it was good, the other "just OK"). Neither of them particularly liked the purple decor and did see signs of aging (after all she is 12 years old). But, overall they had a great time and returned home happy.

Hope that helps a little - sorry I couldn't provide anymore details.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-15-2005, 06:39 PM

Dear Luv, I didn't get any info. I'd really appreciate it if you could try it again. Nancy thanks for the review. 1962 must have been a year for smart people. They didn't book during hurricane season. I'm not looking forward to purple decor either. I was a little dissapointed when I saw some pictures of the inside. We could have booked on another ship, but our dates and locations we wanted matched this one. I really didn't know anything about the ship until after we were booked. I guess I just assumed that all of the ships would be updated and look like a 4 star hotel. I pray we're not too dissapointed. We've really been through a lot this year and NEED a great vacation.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:28 PM

Dear Joarkn,
If you go on the Cruiseclues.com web-site, they have a ton of information and photos of the Sensation. You'll also see recent reviews of passengers who just cruised her. Just scroll down to Sensation then click on it. Hopefully, you'll find everything you need there. If not, let me know. I have more info..
Good luck, hope you have a wonderful time! I've read wonderful things about the passengers leaving out of New Orleans. People comment on how friendly they are.
Please let us know your thoughts when you get back, would love to hear about it.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:45 PM
I haven't sailed on Carnival in 10 years, but, if there's one thing I've learned since then, it's that your cruise is what you make it. Go with the attitude that you are going to enjoy the sailing, meeting new people, going new places and enjoy being pampered (not the diapers - LOL).
Old 08-17-2005, 05:57 PM

Thanks so much for the tip about Cruiseclues.com, I checked it out and WOWZEE do they have the info!! On everything from A to Z! And I certainly agree with the last post, you get out of a cruise what you want---although a poor cabin placement can be the kiss of doom! Been there, done that.

Closed Thread

Tags
photos, recent, reviews, sensation