Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2006, 10:29 AM

Hi All,

As a first timer on Carnival, I would love to know if anyone has any suggestions on a clothing list to bring for the 8 day cruise. We are leaving out of Miami, and heading to Cozumel, Costa Rica, and Panama. Also anyone suggest any excursions for this trip? What is the best way to book excursions? Prebook online right now? Book on the ship? or just hop off the boat and check the plane out?

Ok onto the clothing, I'm notorious for packing way too much clothing for trips but have never been on a cruise since the Cunard lines in 1980. Does anyone have a list of what they would bring for females?

Also my husband would love to know what gentlemen bring when cruising.

Thanks and have a great day!

Old 09-15-2006, 12:41 PM

Take half of what you think you'll need. You will probably have 2 formal nights on an 8 day cruise. I take 2 swim suits, so one can dry while I'm wearing the other one, wash them out in the shower and hang them on the line in the bathroom or on the balcony chairs. I take 2 or 3 pairs of shorts and a few t-shirts, since I know I'm going to buy some in port. I usually take sun dresses for the casual nights, or a nice skirt that I can change tops with. One pair of black dress shoes, and one black evening bag. One pair of water shoes and I wear my tennis shoes on board. Your husband can wear dress pants or nice dockers with polo shirts for casual nights and a suit or tux with dress shirts and ties for formal nights. I also bring a sweater cape for the evenings, since I freeze below 90. Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and plenty of smiles. If there is an excursion you really, really want, book it ahead of time, they do sell out. Don't forget your camera and extra batteries or memory cards. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 09-16-2006, 04:43 AM

I would suggest a few more T-shirts and have the husband take at least 3 ties to choose from. On an 8 day will be 2 formal nights. You might want the pics to be different.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:48 AM

I would suggest bringing a power strip to have in your cabin. One thing the cabins are short on is outlets. There are not enough outlets to plug in hair dryers, curling irons, etc. Plus, you both can charge your cell phones on your return. Trust me, this will come in handy.

I would also bring one of those compact First Aid kits. I was on an excursion one time and sliced open the bottom of my foot on a shell and was thanking God I had the First Aid kit.

If you are in a balcony cabin, I would bring a bungee cord to tie your door open. The sound of the waves outside is fantastic. We usually did this at night though.

If your are using a digital camera, make sure to use Lithium batteries. They last longer than normal batts.

Just a few tips. Have a great cruise!!

Billy

Closed Thread

Tags
10, carnival, checklist, clothing, cruise, list, supplies, supply