Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2006, 03:19 AM

Hi everyone!! We had the best vacation we have ever had. The food was exceptional. The service was to say the least excellant. Our room was so nice. So very comfortable. On some days a nap was just as wonderful as anything on board. I've never had a more comfortable bed for sleeping.
Tracy, I see you had a great time also.
Our ship had to be re-routed also because of the hurricane that went over baja california, and crossed over mexico, and we got the tossing and whipping around one night. He then went another way home. We sat next to a couple that this was their twelfth cruise and they said it was the roughest night they have ever had on a cruise anywhere, but I woke up a little tossed, but fell right back to sleep and was rocked deep into dreams....lol... It was truly great.
Our cruise director was from Australia and he did the "good day mate" all the time for the announcements. And since most of the cruisers were from Texas, at the end of the cruise he was saying "good day Ya'll".... Boy do I miss that ship.
Cozumel we did the catamaran, snorkel, beach party...what a blast. Barely remember anything after that for a day or two....all the mexican beer and margaritas you can stand. I mean..you could have 2 drinks of your beer down, and they are bringing you another cold, icy one to be holding. But the weather was all perfect besides the one night.
Progesso...I loved progresso because we fell in love with the people. I was told by other cruisers that Progresso is what Cozumel was 20 years ago. Very laid back, friendly, non touristy place. We took pictures of the incredible buildings, and the children and sweet mommies and grammy's playing with their children. We went to the beach and there was a man down there who was sail surfing. It was like a kite that pulled him through the water on his surf board. And another man just stolled around playing his guitar. I just can't get over the people. So sweet. If you are wanting to shop like a tourist, go to cozumel though. They have incredible deals. But if you want just real Mexico, go to Progresso.
Our pictures were the greatest. We just bought and bought. I got to see my husband in a tux for the first time since our wedding 25 years ago. I swear he was the best looking man anywhere....Whew...its hot in here....
You know what surprised me was as full as our ship was, we found decks that it was just Billy and I. When we wanted to party, we had people, when we were "loners", we were just stolling by ourselves. I truly cannot find anything wrong. PERFECT. And we bought up the liquor, and jewelry sales. I mean, I bought Billy for Christmas a Fossel watch for 58 dollars. Unheard of. No tax, or anything. Its incredible.
Well Tracy. Like you. We loved it and are going again in May with all the family. Even my son and his girlfriend from Washington State will be going.
Any questions from anyone, I will be glad to answer.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:14 AM
Administrator

Glad to hear you enjoyed the cruise! Don't forget to reset your countdown clock for the next cruise!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:43 AM

Hi Sheri,

Sounds like you had a blast! That's great! It's tough coming back to reality though. No one to clean your room, place your napkin in your lap, take care of your every need!! These cruises are real spoilers!

We plan to do the catamaran beach party also. I've read great reviews about it, I think you would highly recommend it!

You gave a great review of your trip. If you think of more to write, I'd love to read it! Some reviews of the Ecstasy say the ship's decor is tacky, which I think that is ridiculous to say things like that. I was glad to read that you thought it was so neat and clean.

I'm looking forward now to Progresso also. You sound like a people person, like me. I love to just watch people, and see beautiful sights, so I know I will love it there.

You made the whole experience sound wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us!

Excited and can't wait for Nov. 27!!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:18 AM

Sherri- Glad to hear you had a great time.. I told you that you would. I agree with you on Progresso. Its a bit rough, but that gives it its charm.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 11-02-2006, 09:12 AM

We loved the Ecstacy back in May, so you should next year in May. Spring break had passed and school was not out, so very limited kids, though kids don't bother us. We missed Progreso due to bad weather, and hope to go there next time. Thanks for your positive review. Makes me happy to see how others enjoy their vacation and still think their spouse is hot! Long marriages are God's plan!
Old 11-02-2006, 12:07 PM

Great to hear your cruise was fantastic, so was ours. Sure hated to come back. Start planning your next one!!
Old 11-02-2006, 01:47 PM

Sherri!

SO GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK! By the way, I thought about you when docking at Cozumel! I forgot or forgot to ask when you would be reaching Cozumel..... DUH! There was a much smaller ship docked with us that day (October 23) OMG you are so right about the drinks in Cozumel. Ok my story is way worse though..... me and this girl Lisa started at the liquor store taste testing shots of tequila. Didn't think anything of it, then stroll down the street with people handing us shots and Margaritas..... well the party didn't stop there much to my dismay because I was on a roll, partied until abut 9pm when I slurred to my husbnad, "I can't go any longer....." Went back to the room where he dumped me off, and I ended violently ill from 3am until 9am, slept until 1pm, then went onto the shaded deck and slept there for another 3 hours! Woke up the next day chipper and ready to go! I didn't drink that much anyhow because I did find those "Drink of the Day" Super strong. But I did bring home 4 souvenier glasses. Wonderful time.

Ok gotta get dressed and get ready to go shopping now! Sherri, OMG our staff on board were the kindest, and helpful etc! Didn't have any problem that way. You should try the Victory in May. You may find the staff more suitable to your style of treatment. I can't RAVE on enough about how I was treated by everyone on the ship and the entertainer "Malcolm in the Middle" TOO HILARIOUS! WOOHOO!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:24 PM

Hi Glad to hear you had a great time. cruises can be addicting and relaxxxxxxing

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-03-2006, 08:30 AM

Hi Sherri,

I read on another post that the cabins have all the amenities? Can you tell me what the Ecstasy has in it's cabins. Maybe I won't have to bring everything so much "stuff". Thanks!

Also, in Tracy's post she gave me the impression that you had a problem with the staff on the ship...

"Didn't have a problem that way. You should try the Victory in May. You may find the staff more suitable to your style of treatment."

Did I miss something? I though you said they were excellent. Just wondering.

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2006, 04:15 AM

Hi Annie. No. We had no problems with the cruise or workers except in Cozumel on our catamaran snorkle experience. Billy, my husband couldn't get his mask to seal because of his mustache and he kept asking them for help, and they didn't. Then when we were leaving the snorkling and heading to the beach party one of the crew came up and said, "you should have put vasoline on the mask and it would have sealed". My husband really fussed at him, but nothing to ruin our vacation. Live and learn.
Yes. Our cabin on the Ecstasy had Dove body wash, and a really great shampoo mounted on the wall of the shower. He kept it filled all week. I never took my stuff out. Also he had a dish on the sink that had a male and a female triple edge razor, some water fruity drink mix, some hand soap. It was great.
They had a six pack of canned cokes there in the room and it had a card that said if used 1.50 will be charged to your room. We had brought our own so we put them in the closet and put them back out when we left.
Order room service. Their hot tea was excellant. Their coffee was bitter, but I believe it was a European roast which everyone else loved. I had to add alot of cream. The bagles came hot and toasted perfect. The things that were supposed to be hot were, and cold were. Serious. And we would order it, and 10 min. later it was there. GREAT!!! I've tried that here at home....it doesn't work....lol
Have a great time. I know you will.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, cruise, deck, ecstacy, mexico, place, popular, progreso, put, riviera, room, stuff, wedding