Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 04:48 PM

Does anyone know if you can get mountain dew on the ship....if not can i bring my own on and how much?
Old 05-02-2010, 05:06 PM

someone posted this earlier:

It may have been there for a while but I was just looking at Carnival's list (quite lengthy) of allowed and prohibited items. They finally give a definition of "small quantity" for soft drinks or bottled water.

"Non-alcoholic beverages: a small quantity (package of 12 per person) in original sealed, unopened bottles or cans: Permitted - Must be in carry-on luggage."

Dave
Editor, CruiseReviews.com
Old 05-02-2010, 05:22 PM

Thanks Dave
Old 05-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Administrator

And as far as I know Mountain Dew is not offered on Carnival ships. I've seen Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, and Mr. Pibb. Not to say other Coca-Cola products are not offered, but since they allow you a 12-pack per person it will be much cheaper so I encourage you do bring your own. Plus, don't forget this is "ALL PERSONS" so you can load up your family and friends if possible.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:13 AM

That would be a lot of logistics if Sandylynn has a lot of family and friends coming along that like Mountain Dew.

Reminds me of when I needed a bottle of red and a bottle of white for two special dinner occasions on a cruise. A friend took the extra bottle in their carry on for me.

Dwayne
Old 05-03-2010, 08:05 PM

Just a little note... I was witness to a person who went through the trouble of ordering exact replicas of soda cans that were filled with alcoholic beverages. Given that information, it's only a matter of time before ALL beverages (save a bottle of wine) will be taboo to bring aboard.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:00 PM

I think I would rather just pay for it than do something stupid like that. BTW, the wine I was referring to were the two extraordinary bottles you sent me. I'll never forget that act of kindness and generosity.

Dwayne
Old 05-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Banned

Sadly there is no Dew....(our son LOVES Mountain Dew) and so we carry on the soda....
Old 05-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:it's only a matter of time before ALL beverages (save a bottle of wine) will be taboo to bring aboard.
I believe it's already happening on Costa Cruises.
Their rules state it is strictly forbidden to bring any kind of drink or food on board in hand or cabin luggage. Any food or drink, including items purchased during excursions and visits during the call, will not be admitted on board.( this I believe can include a simple bottle of water you may have bought ashore.)
I believe all passengers & luggage goes through a security check when they return to go onboard.

I'm pleased that Carnival doesn't have the same rule as I found it useful to bring a bottle of soda/water back on board after a hot day ashore.

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, bottles, bringing, carnival, carry, cost, cruise, dew, diet, lines, mt, pop, princess, serve, ship, soda