Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Ok people I was surfing the web and look what I found on ebay, is this for real:

CARNIVAL CRUISE - JAMAICA EXPERIENCE STORY

http://cgi.ebay.com/CARNIVAL-CRUISE-JAMAICA-EXPERIENCE-...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Donít really know, if itís true this is a crazy world
But I have not read anything like that or referring to this situation on the internet or
On the news is this true??
Any weird experiences like this?
I cannot believe his history without evidence sorry...
Old 07-28-2007, 07:54 PM

I have friends that have gone to Jamaica for many, many years, and the last time they went a few months back, they said they will NEVER go back. It is getting really unsafe they said. They didn't elaborate. I will ask them to read this and get their story. Hmmmmm I really wanted to go to Jamaica, but now I'm not sure. Did you read the comments on the bottom? They were also saying how dangerous it is now. I guess anything is possible. How horrible that people get so desperate they do terrible things to other humans. I'm really hoping its not true, but I'm really not surprised.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:01 AM

WOW! All I can say about Jamaica in a diplomatic fashion is..I have a map that I put a star on each island or port I visit. Jamaica has one star on it. And I plan on leaving it that way.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Yes, it's a true story:

Jamaica Observer Article
Old 07-29-2007, 04:57 PM

That's just aweful!
10/03 CCL Carnival Legend
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Add me as a friend on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/avenger1971
Old 07-29-2007, 05:32 PM
It is sad that someones cruise has to be marred by such an event. This is something they will never forget and I really feel bad for the children but then I can only imagine what went through the parents mind as a gun is held to their daughters head. I wonder if that picture was taken before or after. They certainly looked happy and not like they had just been through a trauma. I hope they were able to go on with the rest of their trip and try to have fun.

I have only been to Mo Bay once and we went straight to Sunset Beach Resort which can't be a mile from the ship. It is a shame to have such a beautiful resort but to feel you cannot walk of the grounds without fearing for your life. I would not want to vacation in such a place for a week. We easily could have walked to the resort but were warned against it. I would go again but probably be even more on my guard than before. I want to stay as close to the ship as possible but realize things can happen just 10 feet from the ship. Not sure I would want to venture out 30 miles.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:38 AM
Wow that is awful we are going to Ocho Rios on our next cruise in May i wonder if we should pick another Itin. I am kind of worried now we will be with our elders and many children it is not worth a cruise to put family in danger.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-30-2007, 06:15 AM

Hi Casanova frankenstein, I tried to click on the link to read the Jamaica horror story and the ebay site said the item had been removed. Do you have the story saved or would you please share the main idea. Jamaica has always been on my list of many places I would like to visit, but trust the advice I get from you guys who have been there done that.
-4th Cruise Another Fall Break 4-day on the Fantasy, 10/08
Old 07-30-2007, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Synopsis of the story - family goes on plantation tour in Jamaica. While out in a field two armed men jump from the bushes and rob and threaten everyone. Men then vanish back into the bush. Stunned tourists return to the ship. They get interviewed by Jamaican police. They get some counseling from a Carnival-provided therapist. They claim Carnival then distanced themself from doing further counseling once the family returned home.

It is worth noting that a posse of citizens and the Jamaican police searched for the robbers and found purses, credit cards, and other items but not the men.....until later that night when one of the men was killed in a shootout with police. So I'd say that while this is terrible, the local authorities didn't shirk their duty and are to be commended.

This event occurred at Mo Bay.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:45 AM

It is truly an unfortunate incident, and one that can happen anywhere. Spritfilled, don't let this change your mind, Jamaica is a beautiful island. It is a poor island and tourism is their major source of income. Just be careful, as you would in any big city. Stay with a group, my advice would be an excursion through the ship. It is ashame that their own people don't realize they are biting the hand that feeds them. Thankfully, no one was harmed during the incident. I honestly believe their police force will tighten up security even more, they rely on the tourist dollar. Their island has so much to offer, as well as the majority of their people. Too bad a few have to spoil it for the many.

Closed Thread

Tags
attacked, bad, carnival, carnivalcruise, cruise, dangerous, excursion, imagination, jamacia, jamaica, line, review, reviews, story, tourism, tourists