Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2006, 07:49 PM

We are first time cruisers with 3 teens and one 11 year old (all boys). I am interested in finding out what shore excursions people would recommend and am thinking of the following:

We are going on Sensation for 5-day Bahama cruise:
Grand Turks - Thinking about Snuba
Half Moon Cay - Considering either horseback ride/swim; swimming with stingrays; or aqua boats;
Nassau - Considering taking a tour to the Digs at Atlantis or going to the Dolphin Encounter.

Can anyone give me recommendations for any of these or any other ideas that would be enjoyable for active kids and parents who want them to be entertained while having a good time ourselves .

Thanks.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:55 AM

Your list looks pretty good to me. A definite "thumbs up" on the SNUBA. With 3 teens and an 11 yr old boy, I might caution you against the tour of the Digs. While the aquarium is interesting, it does not compare to the waterpark that surrounds it and is off limits to anyone other than hotel guests. They will be most likely quite disappointed that they are right there and can't enjoy the water slides, etc. I think the Dolphin Experience is a much better option. But, even though it is a bit more money - go for the "Dolphin Swim" not the "Encounter". There is a huge difference in the overall experience.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
bahama, bahamas, carnival, cruise, dolphin, encounter, excursion, excursions, independent, line, review, reviews, ship, shore, teens