Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2007, 12:59 PM

We booked a guarantee oceanview on Holiday for September. Our cabin assignment was just posted on the Carnival website as Main 193. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or have general advice about location, etc.

Any chance that our cabin will change before departure? Our PVP told us that cabins would not be assigned until 60-90 days before departure. We are over 120 from departure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:05 PM

Looks Like your at the very back of the ship and
it looks to be a bit bigger then a regular cabin. Could be very cool!

Daddy
Old 05-08-2007, 01:10 PM

ticker test
Old 05-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Administrator

M193 may be a little bigger but not very much so. On the Holiday the aft cabins can experience some noise and vibration from the thrusters. I think tncruiseman had a cabin near the aft on our recent cruise on Holiday, and he mentioned this to me.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:19 PM

What day in September do you depart? We are booked for Sept. 10. This will be our first cruise. I think we are on the Empress level.
Can't wait!!

Old 05-08-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by maryannb:
What day in September do you depart? We are booked for Sept. 10. This will be our first cruise. I think we are on the Empress level.
Can't wait!!
We depart on 9/1. This is our first cruise on Carnival. We took our first cruise last September and we are still talking about it. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:58 PM

Hi pkw1966, I have never heard of them assigning a guarantee this early.

So that is good news you have your assignment so early, it gives you time to fix the bad news of this cabin. You do not want in the main aft or forward of this size ship, not to mention in the gulf in September.

You are no where near penalty, I would call the PVP and tell them it is unacceptable. Even if you have to re-negotiate an assignment for $20 more, I would do it.

That cabin is certainly inconvenient, can be bouncy, and noisy as well as Dave noted TN mentioned. I have been on Holiday's sister Celebration in the main front during rough seas..Never Again!

Hope this helps as an honest opinion to your question, and again the good news is you have plenty of time to fix it

Best to you,
IslandCruz
Old 05-08-2007, 10:53 PM

Just to follow up,

I had a conversation with agent reservations, sure enough they do assignments this early now according to capacity sold. It is rare, but can happen.

They do have mid ship cabins available though.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:04 PM

Hi,
I am going on the Holiday Sept. 1 too! I havent been on this boat but I went on Glory last year and it was great. I started a Roll Call thread for our trip so hopefully more will get on to chat! What and where was your last cruise? just curious since this is only a 2nd for me...
Old 05-10-2007, 10:13 AM

We cruised Royal to the Bahamas last year on Majesty of the Seas. It was a blast. We are now hooked on cruising. Between us we have 5 kids (3 mine/2 his). He wants to keep cruising our little secret so this is our yearly get away.

Actually, I just determined that M193 is not our cabin assignment, it is the assignment for the couple traveling to the port with us. They paid for their cabin in full at booking but we still have a small balance on our trip. Turns out, our cabin has not been assigned yet. My husband thought the PVP said it was our cabin. I plan to let him break the news to the other couple and let them handle cabin selection.

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, cabin, carnival, cruise, good, holiday, m193