Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2007, 02:08 PM

New crusier leaving with family of four Sept. 8th 2007. Has anyone been on this boat recently in the past few years. How is the entertainment, Kamp carvinal (children are 2 & 10) also, best shore excursion in Costa Maya and Cozumel? How are the pools?

Thanks,

Sassychic
Old 05-31-2007, 02:08 PM

New crusier leaving with family of four Sept. 8th 2007. Has anyone been on this boat recently in the past few years. How is the entertainment, Kamp carvinal (children are 2 & 10) also, best shore excursion in Costa Maya and Cozumel? How are the pools?

Thanks,

Sassychic
Old 05-31-2007, 07:55 PM

I've been on Fantasy and I cannot for the life of me understand why they call it a 3 star boat. We had a blast. I thought the crew was great, the boat was nice, and the food was outstanding. Camp Carnival is excellent on any boat. It is a very well put together program. The kids have a blast and they seem to hire just the right people to be counselors. As for excursions, Costa Maya is kind of a waste. Save some money, get off the boat and take the bus to Majahual ($3). They have an ok beach, some fairly cute shops, and a restaurant with some good food run by a lady from Canada. Now Cozumel is another story. ANY excursion is great! I happen to be prejudiced toward the Fury Catamaran Sal and Snorkel. You snorkel, then free beer sodas, and margaritas. Then you go to a really nice private beach. All for $49 per person! But don't miss a trip to Pancho's Back Yard, the best restaurant in all of Mexico!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:47 PM

Last time on Fantasy was 2002 during the end of the refurbishment. I liked both of my cruises and the ship and crew. I would also give a second to PA Steve's recomendation of the Fury on Cozumel and add Paradise Beach as well. Camp Carnival always recieves rave reviews.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:15 AM
Banned

Just sailed on her in December and March and are heading out again in August.

So I guess you could say, we had a great time!!

Seriously, it is good size ship with lots of amenities for the kids at Camp Carnival.

The port of New Orleans is wonderful. The new terminal has parking literally on top of the check in so even if it is pouring down rain, you won't get wet unloading your luggage and parking.

If you are flying in, a taxi runs $28 one way from the airport.

The pizza and deli are at the back of the ship on Lido.
Camp Carnival is also at the back of the ship next to the Forum lounge.

If you are a karaoke person (like me) the last time I was on board, they still did not have the pitch control fixed...so make sure you burn off your cdgs in the key you sing them in.

Ship is in good shape and the service was very good.

I don't think that you can go wrong for the price!!

Have a great cruise.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:43 AM

We were on the Fantasy in April, loved the ship and echo the other comments about Fantasy and New Orleans.

As to shore excursions, it depends on what you want to do. If you're a beach person, the beach is nice at Costa Maya, although the village is rather third-world. You can waste your day right at the pier, but I don't recommend that. There are adventures that are enjoyable on jeeps and 4-wheelers.

I love the Mayan ruins and took a great tour to Chacchoben with my wife and another couple. Really liked it.

On Cozumel there are too many choices to go into them all here. Beaches are great, I like the Chankanab park. No great ruins on the island, but one interesting small site I have been to and enjoyed (San Gervasio). Shopping is great fun.

Have a great cruise!!

We're going again in September.

2004 - Fascination
2005 - Ecstasy, Elation
2006 - Sensation, Holiday
2007 - Fantasy, Glory
2008 - Holiday, Sensation
2009 - Fantasy, Valor, Glory
Coming up:
2010 - Monarch OTS
Old 06-01-2007, 08:37 AM

all i will say this is a great ship and crew and food were outstanding.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:14 AM

Thanks for the reviews, when in Sept are you going? Not sure if i mentioned but we are going Sept. 8th hope the weather is good

Still not sure on what excursions we will do we are limited with our children so we will probly just do the beach and shopping thing. Any advice on which to take?

Just cann'nt wait to be on the boat to experience it for myself

Thanks again

quote:
Originally posted by richjester:
We were on the Fantasy in April, loved the ship and echo the other comments about Fantasy and New Orleans.

As to shore excursions, it depends on what you want to do. If you're a beach person, the beach is nice at Costa Maya, although the village is rather third-world. You can waste your day right at the pier, but I don't recommend that. There are adventures that are enjoyable on jeeps and 4-wheelers.

I love the Mayan ruins and took a great tour to Chacchoben with my wife and another couple. Really liked it.

On Cozumel there are too many choices to go into them all here. Beaches are great, I like the Chankanab park. No great ruins on the island, but one interesting small site I have been to and enjoyed (San Gervasio). Shopping is great fun.

Have a great cruise!!

We're going again in September.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:01 PM

We went June of 2005. We had a blast as well. I don't think I recall having any complaints other than having trouble communicating with the staff- few spoke English. the ship was in great shape, the food and entertainment was wonderful. We went to nassau not Cozemel so we can't help you there.

We had a great time and it was our first - having just been on our second with RC, The Fantasy was very comparable.( some things were even better on Carnival.)

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 06-04-2007, 06:24 AM

The Fantasy was My First Love back in 2003. sailed her 4 times since, now her sister (SENSATION) has her old route out of orlando been on her three times, just as lovely. will be sailing on LIBERTY this October.

Closed Thread

Tags
beaches, costa, gervasio, maya, mayan, ruins, san