Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 04:08 AM
Okay 99 pages of postings is overwhelming...WOW!

First,what are the differences between the locations of where your cabin is located? Is it better to be higher on the boat? Lower? Closer to the bow or aft?

Secondly, I'm going on the Ledgen and would like to know what is the Supper Club?

Thirdly, I've visited numerous web sites to find the best deal and noticed they are within $20 to $50 of each other. But is there a site which you've found to have the absolutely lowest price?

Finally, if I'm cruising in September 08, when should I book? Does it pay off to wait until the last minute to book?

Thank you all in advance.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:18 AM

#1- Some people say that the smoothest ride is mid ship in the lower decks but in my opinion unless if it really gets rough its hardly noticeable. There might be a big difference between say the bow of the ship compared to lower midship cabin but unless you're the type of person who easily gets sick don't concern yourself over slight differences in location.
#2- Can't comment. I don't do Carnival.
#3- I shop around on the Internet on every cruise & also check the local papers but there's no one web site that'll give you the absolute lowest price every time. I've bookmarked 3 of my favorites & stick with them & like you say there within 20 - 50 dollars of each other all the time. The differences are so slight go with the one that gives you the best customer service.
#4- Waiting until the last few weeks to book might get you a better deal especially in Sept and the way the economy is headed but just be prepared to lose out on a particular ship or date or be put in a cabin that you're not happy with. This would be OK with me since I can leave at any time & don't really care about cabin location but for most people it doesn't.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:28 AM
Thanks RichC, I'm a bit concerned about sea sickness and didn't want this to be a nightmare trip.

Thank you again.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:45 AM

Ok, go to your family doctor and ask him for the seasick patches. then seasickness is on an after thought. no more worry.
the lower the deck the less you feel the motion.
and what did you want to do while on the cruise we can help once you narrow it down.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:48 AM

also about the price of the cruise. This has been my experience. I shop the internet for pricing. write down the price, call carnival let them quote me their price, I tell them the lowest price I found on the internet and they have always matched it. worth a try
Old 05-09-2008, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by macmom111:
also about the price of the cruise. This has been my experience. I shop the INTERNET for pricing. write down the price, call carnival let them quote me their price, I tell them the lowest price I found on the internet and they have always matched it. worth a try
I've never tried that approach but what does it buy you by doing so?
Also- I don't get sea sick but my wife does & the best thing for her is the patch. It does require a doctors prescription but it really works for her. My personal remedy is constantly eating something- not liquids - but always keeping something solid in you stomach.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:10 AM

Has anyone ever tried the seabands?? My husband and I have had very good luck with them. No prescription is necessary. Just a thought.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old 05-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Thank you for the heads up and never really thought of the patch for sea sickness. Also, great shopping for price advice make 'em compete...nice.

The itenerary for the Ledgen is, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Rotan Island.

What of this "supper club"? I've seen mentions of it in other postings, but nothing really in-depth?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:20 AM

The Supper Club is the fine dining reservation only restaurant. There is a surcharge. I think it's $30p.p.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:38 AM

blotter- Psychologically it might work for you and you husband but drugs are the best solution if the side effects don't bother you.

Closed Thread

Tags
age, carnival, choices, cruise, current, deal, di, freedom, ledgen, line, lowest, military, nning, position, sea, sickness