Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 06:32 AM

We will need to leave the cruise early at Liverno port.The ship (Carnival) is scheduled to arrive at 7am. How long to disembark? We need to get to Rome to catch a 2pm flight. What is the best way to do that?
Old 09-23-2008, 06:32 AM

We will need to leave the cruise early at Liverno port.The ship (Carnival) is scheduled to arrive at 7am. How long to disembark? We need to get to Rome to catch a 2pm flight. What is the best way to do that?
Old 09-23-2008, 06:41 AM

You shouldn't have any problem meeting a 2PM flight. How long it takes to get off the ship will depend on customs clearing the ship and then whether you carry your own bags or check them with the cruise line. Have you looked into taking the cruise lines transfers?
Old 09-23-2008, 06:54 AM

Thanks for your reply. I did call Carnival but they were zero help. I explained my problem and the woman could offer no help. She did not know how I could get from Liverno to Rome Airport. ALso I asked about the excursions - taking an excursion into FLorence and then a train or bus to the Rome airport but she had no suggestions. I found a car service for 440 Euro (470 for a van). For three people this is expensive. But with no italien language skills maybe the least stressful? Again thank you for your help.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:26 AM

It may be the quickest way to get to Rome. I would do self disembarkation to be one of the first off the ship.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:38 AM

quote:
I would do self disembarkation to be one of the first off the ship.

I think more and more people are doing the self disembarkation. It seems like half the ship did it on our last cruise (Carnival Spirit out of San Diego). Once they were off it went pretty smooth.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Carnival needs to get a handle on the self-debarkation. It was a mob scene on the Holiday in July. I think Carnival said over 50% of their passengers now use this option.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by anguschurchill:

Are you leaving the ship early or is this the end of the cruise?
Seems strange to end in Liverno and not Civitavecchia.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 09-23-2008, 08:21 AM

It usually take 2.5 to 3 hours after arrival to disembark all passengers.

You should inform the pursers office that you have to catch an early flight.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:41 AM

I have to leave early bc I screwed up on booking my air flight home. Booked one day early...

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, disbark, disemark, disembark, dream, long, port, rome, royal, ship, spirit, time