Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 11:33 AM

Hi all,
My husband and I are travelling with our 8 year old deaf daughter on our first cruise. We will be on the Splendor 6 Sep 09 to the Mexican Riviera. We are nervous and incredibly excited!So is our daughter. We want this to be a fun trip for her, too!
We were just wondering if anyone has any experiece with Carnival and Deaf children? We are already aware of Camp Carnival and their activites, but I've read other posts about them leaving the children unattended while they run around doing "Scavenger Hunts", and needless to say that has me a bit worried. We never leave her alone, much less with strangers, but I thought the camp kept them in an area designed for their age groups. I called them and they told me they never leave any children unattended.
I don't plan on leaving her there much, but just in case I do need to. She is active and we like to keep her busy, we do plan on some excursions, as well.

Rhowena
Old 02-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Your daughter will be in the juniors group which is kids 6-8 years old. Carnival keeps the groups separate mostly, but there are times when they might have a combination activity. I think Camp Carnival is quite well run and when we used it I always had a good impression of the staff.

Here is an overview of the program.

Here is a blurb about the staff.

I wouldn't worry. Your daughter will have a nice time.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:54 AM

Hi Rhowena, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Here is also an excellent summary written by one of our members with a special needs child.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, chat, children, cruise, cruising, date, deaf, powered, review, reviews, room, rooms, toddler, toddlers, vbulletin