Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 05:56 PM

first time any advise family 2 kids 9 and 13 both girls
Old 07-17-2007, 07:13 AM

Hi tony, welcome to Cruise-chat. Dave Beers is the expert on Mobile. Hopefully, he will respond to you. You are in for a wonderful experience. They have Camp Carnival for kids, it is a great way for kids to meet others their age and have fun. They play games, have treasure hunts, etc. From everything I've read, Mobile is a great port to get into and out of. Carnival is a great line, be sure to have the chocolate melting cake. Enjoy your cruise and be aware cruising is addictive!
Old 07-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Tony,

The Port Of Mobile is outstanding. Great staff and a great facility. Get there by noon to ensure you get a parking spot in the garage at the pier.

The Holiday is Carnival's oldest ship, which means it isn't all glitz and "wow". I love the Holiday and will be sorry to see her leave Mobile this coming fall. The Holiday has superb service from a charming crew, and some really good food too. You'll be pleased with your cruise. I have a honeymoon couple on the cruise prior to yours. Say "hey" to them on the pier!
Old 07-22-2007, 02:04 AM

Dave,

Have been too busy the last while to keep up with much news. What is going on with the Holiday? Thanks.

Sorry, for the slight drift.

Dwayne
Old 07-22-2007, 07:14 AM
Administrator

The Holiday is moving to Europe sometime in the next severals months. Word is they will replace her with either the Fantasy or Sensation.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:32 AM

Thank you, I will hate to see her go as well!
Old 07-28-2007, 11:59 AM

Dave..

The word I got is that Holiday is moving to Australia to one of Carnival's subsidiaries.

Tony...I couldn't agree with Dave more. Just went on Holiday last month. It's a grand old ship in great shape with a wonderful crew, good entertainment, and great food. Mobile is a great port...just pray there's not a train when you go to leave. It can hold you up because the tracks cover the entrence to the garage.

Closed Thread