Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 06:59 AM

we are 1st timers on carnival,we have been on ncl and rccl,we will be on the miracle 9/22 out of new york please fill me in on all the necessary need to knows,there will be 3 of us,me my dh and our single male friend,we have a balcony and he as a inside cabin,this is our 4th cruise in all.thanks in advance for ur help
Old 07-18-2008, 09:28 AM

You shouldn't encounter anything that you haven't already experienced. Have a fantastic time! Be sure to try the Chocolate Melting Cake for desert one evening-yummy!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:55 PM

Too Bad, your not on our Cruise 9/1... It's me, my hubby and our SINGLE girlfriend !! Have a good time!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Banned

I have never sailed on anything but Carnival, but from what I have read from those who have done many other mass market lines....you should experience close to the same kind of cruise.

I do know that Carnival does traditional dining at night...where NCL does freestyle. Your assigned dining time will be on your Sail and Sign card.

There are no rock climing walls or flow riders.
But there always seems to be enough to keep me busy.

Service (like food) can be the luck of the draw.
When we sailed on the Miracle, both were absolutely outstanding. However, (and folks from New York don't flame me) for some unexplainable reason...ships that sail from New York do not rate the highest scores on service.

Even the Victory (who gets all kinds of complaints when she sails from New York) does not get as many when she sails from Florida.

I know I would have a good time on any cruise line I sailed and I think you will as well.

My main goal every day I am on a cruise is to make it the BEST day at work the staff and crew has ever had. The karma is always returned.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
However, (and folks from New York don't flame me) for some unexplainable reason...ships that sail from New York do not rate the highest scores on service.

Even the Victory (who gets all kinds of complaints when she sails from New York) does not get as many when she sails from Florida.
LHP, you made a very astute observation. That does seem to be the case. I have my own theories on it but think I'll keep those to myself.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-18-2008, 08:38 PM

Carnival's daily newsletter is called Capers. Make sure to read it everyday for all the activities etc. They have so much going on, you don't want to miss anything you may be interested in. You are going to love this ship's layout.

Dwayne
Old 07-20-2008, 11:16 AM
The Miracle has been my favorite ship so far. Have a great time!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 07-21-2008, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
quote:
However, (and folks from New York don't flame me) for some unexplainable reason...ships that sail from New York do not rate the highest scores on service.

LHP, you made a very astute observation. That does seem to be the case. I have my own theories on it but think I'll keep those to myself.

Cheers, Neil

Ok, need to do my duty and defend my city

Are you guys referring to the service on the ship, or at the port? I sailed on the Miracle, and the service on the ship was great. But since the ship's staff aren't from NY (or even the US in most cases), it shouldn't make too much of a difference from which port you leave.

Now, if you are talking about the staff at the terminal, you may have a point. It took us a bit longer than usual to get aboard the ship, and I did notice a bunch of terminal staff standing around doing nothing while the line was at a standstill. However, when it was our turn to check in, the lady who handled us was extremely nice, even when I had forgotten to complete a portion on the online registration.

But, being New York, you will tend to run into more people who don't seem as friendly. However, if you were to ask for help or directions, it may surprise you to learn how nice people actually are. Having said all that, we probably do have a higher percentage of jerks than most other places just ignore them .

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, complaints, dont, miracle, review, reviews, sailing, york