Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2006, 05:56 AM

Sailing 6/4 on Miracle - Getting ready to book shore excursions (through Carnival) and would like to know whether the ones we've selected are worth the $$. Or if others are better.

cave tubing - Belize (also thinking of canopy tour (how long are you "in the trees"?)

clear kayak/snorkel - cozumel (was hoping for the horseback adventure, but I don't see it)

coral reef/stingray - grand cayman
chacchoben ruins - costa maya

Appreciate the input - Anyone going on this date (I've "met" two so far)

Thanks, Cathy
Old 05-13-2006, 09:32 AM

Just returned from a western cruise on Royal Caribbean, Carnival cruise is in December. In Belize we booked cave tubing thru Reggie's Cave Tubing. Great time! Would recommend him.

In Costa Maya we did the Mayan ruins with Ivan and Dave.This was my husband's favorite. They are so knowledgable and will educate you about the mayan people.

In Cozumel we booked the submarine tour. I called Atlantis directly to book this. Depending on where you dock it will be a 5 minute walk or a 5 minute taxi. This was my boys ages 8 & 9 favorite.

Last port was Grand Cayman and we did snorkeling with Captain Marvin. We snorkeled which was awesome and did the sting ray alley. Some rays are 6 feet long.

Hope this helps you. I would highly recommend every tour we did!

Diana
Old 05-15-2006, 02:06 AM

Just got back from sailing on the Carnival Glory 5/6-5/13. Would HIGHLY recommend the cave tubing, it was fun but the lack of rainfall made parts of the cave too shallow so you had to walk. We made our reservations from X-Treme Cave Tubing and saved $35 as opposed to the $95 that Carnival was charging for the same thing. We even drifted down the with fellow cruisers who paid the $95. Manuel who was our tour guide was fantastic even though we got in late due to a return back to Key West with a sick cruiser which put us 7 hours behind schedule. they were waiting there for us at the dock and got us back in plenty of time to go shopping and get the last tender back to the ship. In Belize they have to dock 6 miles out from shore and you have to take a ferry type boat into shore. Recommendations are to be in line when they give out tender passes early. if you don't book an excursion with Carnival you have to get a tender pass or else you don't get off the ship.

We also booked a beach reservation online saving $15 per person in Costa Maya. It cost us $7 round trip to get to the beach but it was well worth it, they dropped us off right in front of the beach and we had all the drinks you could stand and our own personal lounge chairs, the beach was not crowded and our kids had a wonderful time, I would highly recommend it.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:04 AM

just got back from miracle two days ago. we booked the turtle farm, rum factory, hell tour in grand caymen. the turtle farm was cool, but the rest was just a tourist trap. we booked snuba in belize, but carnival screwed up and caused everyone to miss this excursion. they gave us horseshoe snorkel for free. it was nice, but i really wanted to do the snuba. we also did the catamaran snorkel in costa maya. it was really fun and the guides were great.

p.s. if you go to the first and last art auctions, they auction off $300.00 spa packages. we got one for $85.00 and it was great. they also give some away!!!!
Carnival Victory-04/18/10

Old 05-17-2006, 09:52 AM

jLevins, what beach execursion did you do in Costa Maya?
Old 05-17-2006, 02:20 PM

I don't know if you have already booked your tours, but you would be better off, moneywise, if you do it through the internet, and not the ship. Much cheaper.

Please feel free to contact me, if you have any questions.

Closed Thread

Tags
atlantis, aventura, beach, belize, clear, cozumel, day, execursion, farm, kayak, palace, reggie, shore, snorkel, spa, trap, turtle