Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm going to have to start looking under the table during diner to see what's what.
You are a brave man, Rich. I imagine some things are best left unseen.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I just can't like the idea of jeans or shorts in the dining room for dinner.
First, let me say that at the moment, I don't own a pair of jeans and haven't for many years. That said, I have noticed that jeans have become very accepted slacks for men and women. I'm not talking about faded, acid washed or tattered jeans. I'm talking really about denim slacks, usually in a dark shade. I've seen them dressed up with a sports jacket and loafers for men, or a beautiful blouse and blazer with high heels for women, and I don't think they're so bad. I'd rather see folks in nice jeans than old, baggy or worn out trousers.

I've seen men and women wear jeans in the dining room on "smart casual" nights on several cruise lines, some that would surprise you. I agree that beach wear is not appropriate in the evening, but I can't complain about a nice pair of jeans.

Sandy
Old 03-29-2008, 04:56 PM

I'm like Island Cruz - I can't wait to see what "dress" shorts consist of ... I'm probably acceptable to the shorts, it is the dress baseball hats and dress "other" hats on the men during dinner that gets to me.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:37 PM

DRESS CODE??? THERE WAS A DRESS CODE???? The last ship I was on (INSPIRATION 10/07), There were people wearing shorts and tee shirts on Formal night, and nobody blinked twice.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
DRESS CODE??? THERE WAS A DRESS CODE???? The last ship I was on (INSPIRATION 10/07), There were people wearing shorts and tee shirts on Formal night, and nobody blinked twice.
Well, I guess that had something to do with the changes.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:37 PM

On our last cruise in Oct on the Spirit, many did not dress up to the dress code. I wonder if Carnival will enforce the code, or continue to turn there heads.
I for one welcome the change. I really do not want to dress in a suit on vacation, but if that is the dress code I do it. Dress shorts I have a few I could wear, our next Mexican cruise might be the time to bring them out.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:11 AM

The update seems more definitive than before. I would think they would try to enforce it. There may be some factors in play as to why they changed it that we don't know about. I've noticed the dining rooms being less utilized over the last several years, that could be a reason. Who knows?

No offense anyone, but I will not be wearing jeans to the dining room. Just a personal choice regarding what I think is appropriate for that level of service. Besides, all of mine fit tight and the chocolate melting cake might result in their breaking point.

I don't have a problem with anyone else wearing nice jeans. Again, I like the dress shorts option for the non elegant nights. I just hope the Maitre'D doesn't interpret that as old long cargo shorts hanging..well you get the picture.

Dwayne
Old 03-30-2008, 11:24 AM
I agree with you IslandCruz in what others do is their option, and ok with me, but for me my Mothers years of training of how to act at a nice dinner house begins to take over. If you have crystal, china, and waiters dressed up I just can't go in and sit down in shorts no matter how fancy the shorts are. Just bare legs don't cut it, especially hairy ones..lol I was wondering on this the other day that if going on the Princess line would be a tab up where they keep the dress code? I know Carnival bought the line, but maybe some of us that like the upscale of dress up nights would gravitate towards one of those ships and leave the more casual cruiser pick the Carnival ships. What do you think?
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 03-30-2008, 11:41 AM

and I was hoping that the more casual appearance would migrate towards Princess.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:50 AM

I think Carnival is doing what the public wants. With that being said I hope they enforce the code.

Closed Thread

Tags
advertising, cargo, carnival, code, cruise, crusie, dinner, dinning, dress, forum, forums, magazine, men, people, room, shorts, slacks, vfw