Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
If they are bringing jeans in order not to have to carry "additional clothing"
I think what is meant is that carrying suits and sport coats takes up space; or requires a separate piece of luggage to keep them reasonably unwrinkled. "Lighter" meaning less luggage. Jeans on the other hand can easily travel folded up in a suitcase.

Want to know a secret on how to keep jeans looking good? Turn them inside out and then roll them up. That is how we stored our dungarees in the Navy and they would look almost as good as being ironed.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:42 PM

I just have to ask about cruise dad's formal kilt. Where do you get one and are there dress code issues with it?

Once my son and husband see any reference to kilt wearing they are going to want to wear one.

But it seems to give a whole new perspective to the earlier comment about looking under tables. I know....don't go there!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:46 PM

They look a little pricey for retail. I would try ebay. There is no problem at all concerning the dress code. Don't forget the Sporran!

Dwayne
Old 04-05-2008, 06:03 AM

This is what Carnival has been getting on the comment cards, dress code enforce it or drop it. They just about droped it. Last several years it's been going this way. No big deal, I would rather be compy to at dinner.

Cruise #28 on Carnival Cruise line
Old 04-05-2008, 06:33 AM

Now that they have a more specific policy it should be easier to enforce. The shorter regional cruises are always a hoot as to how people dress for the dining room.

My main thing is to wear some decent dress clothes, and make sure my pants don't fit too tight! That is alot of food, and sometimes I want to try everything.

Dwayne
Old 04-06-2008, 06:38 PM

I remember an episode of Miami Vice called "Lombard" where a character named Stan is appalled that he and another officer are not allowed in a fancy oceanside restaurant because they are improperly dressed.

Just then, Stan sees a man walking through the place in tennis shorts and asks the host, "Hey, what about that clown? He's in here with shorts on."

In a very arrogant way the host says, "Yes, but they're designer shorts."

So maybe the cruise line has designer shorts in mind?
Old 04-06-2008, 07:11 PM

I wonder how the new dress code will effect the upscale dinning, the one that charges a little extra? I would assume that the old dress code will apply there. Many have already said they would not be bring their suits. Will they have fewer guest? Not too many of us will bring a suit to pay extra to eat!!

Old 04-06-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fivepoints:
quote:
Originally posted by Pegasus:
I just have to ask about cruise dad's formal kilt. Where do you get one and are there dress code issues with it?

Once my son and husband see any reference to kilt wearing they are going to want to wear one.

But it seems to give a whole new perspective to the earlier comment about looking under tables. I know....don't go there!

For the record, kilts are properly worn sans undies.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:56 AM

Sans Undies FTW!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:21 AM

fivepoints, I was just about to ask about your daughters, and then you posted that!

Just kidding, I am glad to see you back. How are you and the family?

I better get back to the topic.. I will not be looking under any tables anymore!

Seriously, I don't think it should have any influence on the Supper Clubs. At least I hope not.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
advertising, cargo, carnival, code, cruise, crusie, dinner, dinning, dress, forum, forums, magazine, men, people, room, shorts, slacks, vfw