Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2006, 04:33 PM

We have booked on this cruise and was looking for any information anyone has to offer. I have read many reviews and have been told that the embarkation process for this particular cruise is disastrous. My understanding is that you actually get your sign and sail card at the San Diego Cruise terminal and then you are bused to Ensenada, MX to board the ship. However, when I speak to the folks at Carnival, they indicate that complementary coach will be provided from the San Diego Airport to Ensenada and that it is about a two hour ride. The reason I want to find out is that we plan on arriving the day before and are staying at the hotel across from the cruise terminal. So the question is do I need to go back to the airport or simply across the street from the hotel? I canít seem to get a consistent answer.

RC Viking Serenade 1994
CCL Elation 2000
CCL Ecstasy 2001
CCL Elation 2003
CCL Spirit 2004
CCL Glory 2006

Spirit to Hawaii 4/2007 booked
Old 06-30-2006, 04:33 PM

We have booked on this cruise and was looking for any information anyone has to offer. I have read many reviews and have been told that the embarkation process for this particular cruise is disastrous. My understanding is that you actually get your sign and sail card at the San Diego Cruise terminal and then you are bused to Ensenada, MX to board the ship. However, when I speak to the folks at Carnival, they indicate that complementary coach will be provided from the San Diego Airport to Ensenada and that it is about a two hour ride. The reason I want to find out is that we plan on arriving the day before and are staying at the hotel across from the cruise terminal. So the question is do I need to go back to the airport or simply across the street from the hotel? I canít seem to get a consistent answer.

RC Viking Serenade 1994
CCL Elation 2000
CCL Ecstasy 2001
CCL Elation 2003
CCL Spirit 2004
CCL Glory 2006

Old 07-05-2006, 05:31 AM

hello we just did this in april.it is all worth the fuss the bus trip is more like 2 i/2 hours most buses go like hell, and then you have to wait to go on board. the key is to arrive early at the pier to get a first come first serve bus number, take a taxi or walk from your hotel and go directly to the pier, as you drop off your tagged luggage with porters go insde and do your paper work and get your sign and sail then enjoy the wait buses will start to leave around 4-5 pm. its a great trip enjoy your sea days, you will be happy to see land
Old 07-05-2006, 05:13 PM

Thanks for the response. This is much more information than I was able to get from Carnival.

RC Viking Serenade 1994
CCL Elation 2000
CCL Ecstasy 2001
CCL Elation 2003
CCL Spirit 2004
CCL Glory 2006

Closed Thread

Tags
2006, april, bus, carnavil, carnival, cruise, ensenada, hawaii, hawaiian, itinerary, reviews, spirit, spirit4