Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2005, 01:02 PM

Please excuse my ignorance on this topic, but we have always sailed from Ft. Lauderdale. I am looking at a Carnival cruise on the Valor for March and wondered about getting from Orlando to the port? can one get their own air and then somehow book transport to the pier with Carnival...or does one have to take a shuttle or limo? if you have done this before, please give me some specifics. thank you all very much.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:47 PM

Wabashmon,
Welcome to cruise-chat! Yes, you can certainly book your own air and then can get the cruiseline transfers OR book a shuttle or limo service on your own. IMHO, if you are purchasing your own air, it is frequently cheaper (not to mention much more efficient and convenient) to make your own transfer arrangements as well. Let me know if I can be of assistance, as there are a number of options available to you.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-19-2005, 07:55 AM

It's always better and cheaper to do your own air into Orlando Airport. The cruise terminal is a distance from the Airport, so I would really recommend you get the transfers from the cruiseline. Check with your travel agent or the cruiseline directly and find out the prices for the transfers -vs- total amount of people. Then ask them for the rates for a cab. Then determine what reasonable for you.

Have a great time on your cruise.

Old 10-22-2005, 06:11 PM

I would recommend purchasing your round trip transfers from the cruise line. It is one less thing to worry about once you depart from home. Also, I have a friend that thought they would just take a taxi and had no problem from the airport to the ship, but after the cruise there was a two hour wait for a taxi to get back to the airport. Remember you are not the only one thinking about this, and there will be probably more than one ship disembarking that day.
Whatever you decide to do, try to make the arrangements before hand, so you don't have to worry about it.
Have a wonderful cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
bus, cab, canaveral, canavrial, carnivalor, cruise, orlando, port, reviews, ship, taxi, transportation