Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 05:10 PM

We are taking the Fasination Cruise the 9th of July and will stop in Key West and Cozumel. I'm wondering if anyone has tips for me traveling with a 20 month old, a 14yo and grandparents in their late 60's. Tips for on ship activities as well as ports would be great. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:34 PM
There are so many things to do onboard, I'm sure everyone will find something to do.

If you want a quick peek at the Fascination I have a quick video on my website. It's under Cruise Videos.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 04-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry in Miami:
There are so many things to do onboard, I'm sure everyone will find something to do.

If you want a quick peek at the Fascination I have a short video on my website. It's under Cruise Videos.
Upcoming:
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 04-17-2007, 07:37 PM
oops
Upcoming:
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 04-18-2007, 11:55 AM

If you like key lime pie, visit the Blond Girraff in Key West. They're right off of the main drag and they have wonderful key lime pie. In Cozumel, there is so much to do. In order not to tire everyone out by going to Telum or Xel-ha (both are wonderful), you could go to Chankanaab Park. It's not that far from the pier, there's a restaurant there, beaches, snorkeling (which wise2u said is not as good as it was before the hurricane), swimming with the dolphins, and other activities for all ages. The Telum ruins are great and the setting is spectacular. Xel-ha is a wonderful place for water activities. Both of these take a good while to get to, and could be tiring for the little one. There is shopping right as you get off the ship or tender. Have a wonderful time and I bet this wont be your only cruise!! Oh by the way, welcome to Cruise-Chat!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Kellymo:
We are taking the Fasination Cruise the 9th of July and will stop in Key West and Cozumel. I'm wondering if anyone has tips for me traveling with a 20 month old, a 14yo and grandparents in their late 60's. Tips for on ship activities as well as ports would be great. Thanks.
Cozumel is very fun. Chank Park will run $10 - 12 for a taxi for 4 one way (not sure about the rate for larger groups) and the entrance fee is $16....but you can get a discount coupon off the Internet.

Other "beaches" (if you just want a beach day) that do not charge an entrance fee are Paradise Beach and Mr. Sanchos. (They just expect folks to eat and/or drink while there) Paradise Beach does have an optional $9 wristband for the 14 year old that would provide nonmotorized toy entertainment. Both have clean restrooms, changing rooms, good (and safe) food and drink.

I would recommend an umbrella stroller for use on the cruise ship and in port. Some ships have to tender into Cozumel and the unbrella stroller is much easier to handle in this situation (and takes up less room in the cabin). Some parents have also brought a very small imflatable baby pool to use in the cabin shower (since some babies do not like "showers" ~or so I have read)

Other things you should be aware of is that at 20 months of age, your little one is to young for Camp Carnival. 2 years of age is the minimum. Also, no babies in any of the pools who are not potty trained. No "swimmies" etc are allowed.

The good news is that (from what I have read) children under the age of 2 do not pay any tips per day.

I have also read that a lot of parents of little ones bring their own Pac N Play for them to sleep in. But the cruise ship apparently provides one as well, if you want to go that route. If you are bringing your own, I would have the little one "practice" sleeping in it a few weeks before you sail. Some parents recommend that you use it a couple weeks ahead of time for sleeping ONLY so that the little one equates it with "time to sleep".

Have a great cruise!!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:22 AM

No trip to Cozumel is complete without lunch at Pancho's Back yard, best food in Cozumel! The 14 year old will love the teen disco. Grandparents just love it all! Make sure you get a tux for the 14 year old! You'll regret it if you never had a picture of him in the tux...oops is it a boy?

Closed Thread

Tags
cuise, grandparents, kids, taking, tips