Had SUCH a wonderful time! I have a few tips and advice for those of you sailing on this ship, especially if you have never cruised before:
1. As SOON as you get your stuff to your room, go down to the information desk and get a map and start learning the ship!
2. The elevators will be crowded from time to time, so use the stairs if you are able.
3. I was disappointed that we were doing our muster drill while the ship was leaving the dock, so we didn't get to wave, etc. etc. If you are exploring the ship, and it is close to sailing time, go ahead and take your lifejacket with you. Find where your muster drill will take place and try to be there on time. The sooner everyone is in place, the sooner you will be done! Take your camera so you can take pics of how everyone looks with that lifejacket on, lol!
4. Take some time to go through the book in your room, familiarizing yourself with the info number, etc. It will be very helpful later on.
5. Not a lot of tv stations, but they DO have several stations that will show some of the shows and "talks" that go on onboard.
6. If you want to make it into the ship "video", you will need to be hanging around outside the pool or on the decks, especially during muster time.
7. I did not realize how much you do inside the ship. What i am saying is, i thought to get to and from anywhere, you had to always be walking out on deck. Not so.
8. Please don't drink to the point where you make a jerk of yourself! I saw SO many people so drunk they could barely move and it was embarrassing to see them and watch them. Don't get me wrong, I did a little drinking, but please consider who will see you. Have fun, by all means, but with some class.
9. People told me this, but i am saying it too: DO NOT OVERPACK!! I didn't wear 80% of the stuff i brought, and we had so much luggage and smaller bags that we looked like we were traveling with 5 other people.
10. Even if you are not prone to seasickness, take some patches, just in case. The sea was so calm everyday-except the last fun day at sea, which turned out NOT to be so fun for a lot of people! I did fine, but my mom was sick all day, as were a lot of other people.
11. Go to as many shows and talks as you can, they were very interesting and lots of fun.
I will post more later on the ports of call and other stuff.