Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2002, 08:45 AM

We are getting ready to book a cruise and wanted to go on the Elation, 7 day cruise. So far everyone I have talked to says that is too long. 4 days is just enough, anything past that and you cant wait to get home. Don't you pretty much lose the first and last day to getting on and off the ship. That would make a four day cruise seem like only 2? Needless to say, I was pretty disapointed to hear that so I wanted to know if anyone had other opinions.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:45 AM

We are getting ready to book a cruise and wanted to go on the Elation, 7 day cruise. So far everyone I have talked to says that is too long. 4 days is just enough, anything past that and you cant wait to get home. Don't you pretty much lose the first and last day to getting on and off the ship. That would make a four day cruise seem like only 2? Needless to say, I was pretty disapointed to hear that so I wanted to know if anyone had other opinions.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:57 AM

In my opinion, a 7-day cruise is usually a better value than a 4-day; often you pay less per day on the longer one. Seems to me that those who said 4 days was just long enough are people who didn't really enjoy the cruise, for whatever reason - perhaps they didn't enjoy the style of that particular cruise line, or the itinerary, or possibly they are among the small minority of folks who just don't like cruising. If you want to enjoy the activities on board or just relaxing, you will be able to take advantage of both of those things better on the longer cruise. Whichever one you choose, enjoy!
Karen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2002, 01:44 PM

I would much rather take a 7 day cruise than a 4 day. Yes the first day you are boarding doing your muster drill and generally lost on the ship unless you have sailed on it before. The last day before you leave you are packing trying to make sure you have everything ready so that wastes a good portion of your day. Of course the very last day all you are doing is waiting for a few hours before they kick you off.

If you have not sailed on the ship before it takes a couple days just to feel comfortable finding your way around.

For me 7 days is the shortest cruise I would take if I really wanted to enjoy the cruise. JMHO [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2002, 06:59 PM

I can't imagine anyone saying that 4 days is long enough. These people are not "cruisers". We just got off a 14 day cruise, and will be doing a 10 day in November, and did a 17 day in April. If you have the time, go for the week. The 3 or 4 day is not worth the effort, unless you live right in the departing city, and just want to get away. Also, you are very limited to what you can see on a 3-4 cruise. I can see by the replies that we all agree, as I'm sure you will when you get on the ship. Have fun regardless.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:02 AM

Thanks guys, thats just what I was wanting to hear. I am seeing the travel agent tomorrow and am going to book a seven day cruise. You want to hear something funny, I went back and talked more to three of the people that told me a four day cruise was just enough. Two of them have never taken a cruise, its just what "they had heard" and the other one had booked a four day cruise and was waiting to sail...so...I guess that was proof enough that none of them knew what they were taking about in the first place. Thanks for your input.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:54 AM

You're welcome, Mela! Enjoy your cruise!
Karen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2002, 09:18 PM

Good luck Mela. It always pays to asks questions, because someone will always have better input. You can see a few very weird ideas about various things on this site, but when you challenge the people that are posting, you don't get replies. Guess what I'm saying is look before you leap into something. There's several very knowledgeable people that scan the questions regularly. Have fun on your cruise, and fill us is. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2002, 06:25 AM
Banned

A 4 day cruise? The first day is travel, embarkation, and muster drill (putting on your life jacket and going to your assigned life boat area). You then have 2 days to enjoy the ship and then the last day is getting up early and waiting for your number to be called to leave the ship. Does not seem to be fun to me. Too rushed. You would not even have enough time to find the pizza parlor. I think 4 day cruises are for people that never sailed before and want to try one out before they commit to a longer one. Our first cruise was for 19 days and we still were not ready to go home.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:22 PM

Yes, but short cruises add up when qualifying for captains clubs...

David

Closed Thread

Tags
10, advantages, bahamas, ca, cruise, cruises, day, days, enough, kingsburg, long, people, ready, residents, ship