Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2005, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BJC123:

How was the sting ray cruise ...
I wish Tom would get back to me so I could post my Cruise Review . . .

Here is an excerpt just for you on the Stingray city tour - in a nutshell, DO not miss it and do NOT use anyone else but CAPT Marvin's!

Bob

------
• Grand Cayman Island

o If you are going to Stingray city remember this: CAPTAIN MARVIN’S. http://www.captainmarvins.com/ Write this down, remember it and use NO other guide service. These people are awesome!! We were in a party of 8 (4 of which were my family). There was a crew of 3 and Jody of Cayman Video Productions was our personal Videographer. We dove 1 reef and visited Stingray city and got impromptu tours of the fabulous homes along the island by this wonderful group of guys. I cannot say more good things about them – they took my completely terrified 9 year old daughter and worked personally with her until she was comfortable with the ‘rays (honey, nothing to fear – these are just big sea puppies!) In fact, I have a photo of my daughter riding on Jody’s back while he and another crew member got her de-stressed about the big rays (and some were truly BIG – one had a span of over 6’!
o We were on the 0830 tour and one of the reason’s my daughter got scared is because the rays were HUNGERY (for the squid treats the crew brought along). They truly are a gentle creature and their vacuum-cleaner mouths feel weird as they suck the treats from your hand. Once the other tours got there and we were not mobbed by the rays, my daughter settled down and really enjoyed herself…she screamed in delight when Jon, a crewmember picket a ray up and it shot a stream of seawater at her! ?
o Just as we were leaving the early morning Carnival boat arrived…all 2 decks worth of jam-packed tour boat – I would guess 100+ folks. No personal service, no holding rays for you to get a picture…no taking YOUR camera and taking shots of YOU kissing the rays (for good luck). We all had a great laugh as we motored away to the reef dive about the cattle car aspect of the Cruise Ship tour.
o Oh yeah, the Carnival Price for Stingray City was $65.00 a head – we paid $35.00!
o Dove at another reef for 45 min with the crew showing us all manner of marine life (crabs, golden Morey eels, and “Frisbee” a tailless stingray) Fruit juice and snacks on the way back, along with a nice impromptu tour of the costal homes rounded out a great morning!
o Oh yeah, $55.00 bought you the personalized DVD ($45 for VHS) of the complete morning’s outing – now THIS was value (contrast it to $29.95 for the Carnival cruise travelog DVD that spans the whole week).
o CAPT Marvin’s is a full service tour guide so we booked a $15.95 additional tour to Hell & the Turtle farm. Our bus driver also took us on different to & from routes so we could see more of the island. We had a great time at Hell (GRIN!) and the Turtle Farm, so I recommend you book this as well – the tour guides/bus drivers are great so make sure you put a little something in their hand when you get off the buss for the last time back at CAPT Marvin’s
o We still had plenty of time to shop in Cayman before our tender left for the boat – this was a great day and HUGE contrast to the time we had in Jamaica.
o Easily another A+ day & Tour!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debbi:
What was the delay was, was getting back on the Conquest. Lines were very long and seemed to move slowly. It looked worse than it was because there are actually a couple of cruise lines in port at the same time and part of the I]lines[/i] are going to other cruise ships.
EXACTLY! And make sure you ASK and just do not stand in line! When we got to the tender terminal, my family got in this long line and I told my wife...let me check this out. Glad I did! I found out that the line for the Conquest was (at that time, nonexistent!) So DO check and make sure you are in the right line
Old 10-19-2005, 04:34 PM

Bobinnm - Great review on Captain Marvin's! I totally agree with you on their tours. The other three going with us this trip have now decided to do the stingray tour and I am very excited! (in fact..this is bad... I just now got back my stingray photos today from last Decembers cruise!They turned oyut great!)

Any way you mentioned that you did the 0830 tour wth Turtle Farm & Hell. I didn't think the ship docked until 9AM. Is this all doable... because that is exactly what my other friends want to do! Let me know.
Thanks (also how did you get the timer counter on your responses?)

I am looking forward to your "cruise review"
Debbi
Old 10-20-2005, 07:06 AM

BOB ... How did you manage to get off ship in time to meet the early Captn Marvin tour? Lots of the postings are saying they couldn't get off till after 9... whats the secret cause that is definitely the tour I want to do ... exact same one you did with heck and the rest!
Old 10-20-2005, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BJC123:
BOB ... How did you manage to get off ship in time to meet the early Captn Marvin tour? Lots of the postings are saying they couldn't get off till after 9... whats the secret cause that is definitely the tour I want to do ... exact same one you did with heck and the rest!
(And to Debbi who asked the same thing)...

The ship was in port by 0600 and the tenders were leaving with the Carnival tours at 0700 - we left at 0730...and the rest is covered in my conquest review which I am going to post now under a separate topic due to so many off list requests :-)

Closed Thread

Tags
11, carnival, code, conquest, excursion, excursions, hated, hell, promo, reviews, september, stingray, stingrays, trip, turtle