Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2005, 02:29 PM

Hey I am new to this site but I absolutely love it. My husband and I are going on the Carnival Conquest on Oct. 16th. I was wondering if there is anyone else booked on this cruise.?? Just wondering.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:06 AM

We are booked on the Conquest for September 11. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:12 PM

Going on Conquest for our honeymoon on Oct 16th. First cruise for both of us. Very excited. Trying to figure out what excursions to do. Any suggestions?
Old 08-19-2005, 10:45 AM

Hey I am so excited for you guys. Are you getting married on the ship or before??
This is our 4th cruise and we have never really done any of the excursions through carnival. We have been to conzumel 3 times. We usually go shopping in cozumel. The shopping is awesome.
We went on the carnival Inspiration a couple of years ago to the Caymans but we were not allowed to dock so I can not suggest anything there. We are probably going to take a taxi to a beach. I have not had time to figure out hich one just yet.
We went to Jamaica our 1st year and we made the mistake of going to the shops. I hated it the vendors were pushy and the prices were high. This year we are going to take a taxi to Breezes Resort in Montego Bay. For $60.00 you can have all you can eat, drink(alcohol INCLUDED) and you have full uses of all there pools, beach areas, and other ammenities. I am really excited.

I can't wait to go It's all I can think about. Well feel free to email me at Tammynolin@yahoo.com if you have any questions.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:53 AM

Tammy,
Just a tip, but i heard that Sunset Beach was the way to go in Jamaica, and it has all the stuff Breezes does, but its 20 bucks per person instead of 60. Anyone know for sure about this? We are booked on the Conquest for Sept 11th.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:29 PM

I just called Sunset and it is just $20.00 per person. That includes all ammenities from the all inclusive package,Alcohol,food access to all beaches, pools etc. Basicly everything but a room. it is also closer than Breezes. I am soo excited Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:05 PM

Tammy, do you have to make reservations with them, or can you just go there?

What about transportation?

Susie
Old 08-22-2005, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by susiecb:
Tammy, do you have to make reservations with them, or can you just go there?

What about transportation?

Susie
Susie - I have not actually been there, but here is the info I have found on it. You don't have to make reservations. You just take a cab from the pier to Sunset Beach. It is maybe a 5 min ride. Apparently you can see the ship from the beach. Make sure you take the taxi's with the red license plate. They are controlled by the government and apparently are much safer and cheaper. Sunset Beach will keep your Sail & Sign card at the desk where you check in. You have access to everything, food, drinks, and toys (excpet motorized I think). I was also told there are guards at the gate to make sure no one that is not supposed to be there gets in (read drug dealers). In Grand Cayman you may want to check into swimming with the stingrays - I hear it is a DO NOT miss excursion. There are several companies that do excursions in addition to the ships excursion. You could probably do a search ofr swim with the stingrays to find them. Just make sure they are reputable. I hope this helps. I am going on the Conquest in Nov for my b-day, our first cruise too and I can't wait. I have been researching and finding all sorts of great info. Have a great cruise!!
Old 08-22-2005, 07:49 PM

Thanks so much for the info. Mikayla. Keep me informed of any other exciting things that you find.

Thanks
Susie
Old 08-24-2005, 06:03 PM

We are booked for the Oct 9th sailing - anyone else out there?
(any advice from experienced cruisers appreciated as well!)

Closed Thread

Tags
11, carnival, code, conquest, excursion, excursions, hated, hell, promo, reviews, september, stingray, stingrays, trip, turtle