Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2007, 03:40 PM

We leave May 27 out of Port Canveral
I have two questions

1. What exactly is the Fun Pass and how soon can we fill it out? Do we have to wait for our docs or can we fill it out a head of ftime. We have our passports and we booked our own flight.

2. Question on dinning. We are not going to eat in the dinning room on formal night. Our choice do not want to bring real dressy clothes. On the other nights I plan on wear capris, for a top can it be a dressy knit pull over top? or shpuld it be a blouse? I do not have many button down tops, and when I look for some I am not trilled how they look or the price.

Carol
Old 04-07-2007, 03:51 PM

[quote]Question on dinning. We are not going to eat in the dinning room on formal night. Our choice do not want to bring real dressy clothes. On the other nights I plan on wear capris, for a top can it be a dressy knit pull over top? or shpuld it be a blouse?>>>

Hi Carol!! First, I know that you don't want to have to pack a lot, but I'd really reconsider going to the dining room for formal night. It really is nice to get dressed up (unless of course you do this fairly often already) and you can get a beautiful picture taken...naturally it costs to buy it, but really it's a nice momento. But about your clothes, your idea about capris and a knit top will be fine. People go in all forms of dress to the dining room, you'll be right in the middle and will look perfectly fine. Enjoy your cruise!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Administrator

You can fill out the Fun Pass online right now, if you have your booking number. Look at this link and go to the "complete now" button on the lower left side.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Carol, I agree with sldoo03 that you should reconsider going to the dining room for formal night. And, there's no need to bring clothing that is very dressy -- a nice pair of pants and the pullover you described will be fine. You can always dress it up a bit with a scarf or shawl should you desire.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Formal night isn't what it use to be....We just got off the RCL Voyager of the Seas and saw people wearing jeans to dinner on Formal Night. I guess to them, Jeans are formal wear...Each to his own. Don't miss formal night no matter what you decide to wear....plus it's usually lobster night:-)...Just go and enjoy.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:52 AM

Carol,

Welcome to Cruise-Chat.com !

What Dave said about filling out your Fun Pass is really important to be done ahead of embarkation day. It will make things so much smoother and faster for you at check-in.

You don't have to go "over-board" for formal night. Business casual for guys will fly, ie Dockers and a nice shirt, preferably with a tie, but will work without.

I swore I would never touch this formal night jeans issue again. I will say after a heated discussion a long time ago with Dave on this subject I reached this conclusion:

If you are from Texas, and wear your best new jeans that is considered Formal for a cruise from that region.

Most folks, not all apparently, consider it very tacky and disrespectful of the occasion. They sorta call it Formal night for a reason.

Point being, you don't have to have a dress or tux, or even a suit. Just wear something nice. As you don't want to miss this dinner
Old 04-08-2007, 02:59 AM
Administrator

I've been harboring the following theory for a few years, and now it is time to let the secret out...I believe formal nights continue to exist on the mainstream cruise lines primarily to boost photo shop revenue.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:38 PM

<<
Quote:
I've been harboring the following theory for a few years, and now it is time to let the secret out...I believe formal nights continue to exist on the mainstream cruise lines primarily to boost photo shop revenue.
>>

LOL! Yeah, you're probably right. Although, it seemed like there was an opportunity to take a picture within every few feet, formal or not! But the formal ones were really the only ones I cared about this time, mostly because I was upset (well, not UPSET) that we missed out on taking them on our last cruise. The fact that formal nights exist only to boost photo profits is okay with me though, it's nearly impossible to get my family together to go to a Sears or whatever to get a decent picture taken. So it works out.
Steph

Old 04-08-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sldoo03:
It really is nice to get dressed up (unless of course you do this fairly often already) and you can get a beautiful picture taken...naturally it costs to buy it, but really it's a nice momento.
I borrowed a dress from a friend for formal night when we last cruised, and we had someone take a few pictures of us in our fancy clothes (just with our camera). We didn't buy ANY pictures from the cruise line - but one of the formal night pictures is one of my favorite pictures of us EVER - it looks professional! I have framed it and it's displayed on a table in our home. It REALLY IS fun to get dressed up!

Carnival Glory 4/2007
Carnival Conquest 2/2004

Old 04-08-2007, 05:09 PM

I certainly hope they never discontinue formal night. To me it's special. I love getting all dressed up to go to dinner and the show. We hardly ever do that at home, and to me it's usually the highlight of the cruise. Sometimes we have our picture taken, sometimes not.

Lanie

Closed Thread

Tags
capris, nughr, wear