Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry in Miami:
I have never not received razors.
Me too! Last year I figured I would just take one bic for the trip thinking there will be razors on the ship. There were as always, but it was a ladie's razor this time!

I don't think they are cutting back. They most likely don't pay for any of the samples in the gift baskets, as Jim said, it is marketing for the products.

I did miss the cranberry Emergen-C's we got the year before though!

Dwayne
Old 01-19-2008, 08:13 AM

We were on the Sun Princess June of 2006. My wive was wanting to save the stuff they leave in the basket. She wanted to make us some baskets for the family reunion we were going to have a month later. I just told the Stewart what we were doing and ask him if he could leave a few extra items (with a nice little tip). He left candies, soaps, shampoos, razors, this and that. We had 20 people staying at our house for a week... had plenty of stuff and some left over.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:15 AM

My mother-in-law and father-in-law are very active with the Salvation Army. When on vacation they always take all the samples. They use them to hand out at the Salvation Army. Many people from their church do the same. The homeless do not have a way to handle a big bottle of shampoo or what ever. Also the little packs of instance coffee and tea, sugar are good for them.

Probably getting way off topic....sorry.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:59 AM

I guess if they put things in your basket that you are "used" to seeing, and you really LIKE them, it makes a difference if they are not there, when you take your next trip.

Yes, that does makes sense. If they put things in your basket that you have not seen/purchased and you like them, you are more than likely to go out and purchase them, thus as it was said, FREE advertising.

brneyes
Old 01-21-2008, 08:08 AM

That sounds nice. I'm sure it doesn't hurt anything to ASK, and TIP at the same time.

brneyes
Old 01-21-2008, 08:11 AM

Yes, it is sort of getting off "track", but you are right. I know our church takes care of people who stay under bridges, etc., and some of those toiletries would come in handy.

brneyes
Old 01-21-2008, 09:19 AM

Carnival is great about the freebe's.I think it is a nice touch and if you forget something else,go to the purser's desk and ask them and if they have it,they will be more than glad to take care of you. Ever since we did our first cruise on Carnival,I have used the Liquid soap they had in the shower.
CCL Elation 2005
CCL Pride 2006
RCCI Splendor 2006
RCCI Serenade Hawaii 2007
RCCI Serenade Alaska 2008
CCL Ecstasy 2008
RCCI AOS 2009
RCCI Voyager 2009
CCL Conquest 2010
CCL Ecstasy 2010
Old 01-21-2008, 02:06 PM

Yes, it comes in handy if you don't have your own with you.

brneyes
Old 01-23-2008, 04:59 AM

It isn't bad in a pinch.

I still take my Irish Spring or some other type deoderant bar soap. The islands can get very warm, and then snorkeling etc. And then you have the shower manuevering to figure out about the liquid soap. I would rather soap up real well and rinse off than deal with it.

Dwayne
Old 01-24-2008, 07:20 AM

Yes, when it comes to "body" liquid/bar soap, I like to bring my Victoria Secret, or something like that. I like the smell , although the liquid soap on the ship is fine, if you don't have your own.

brneyes

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, cruise, freedom, included, instateroom, legend, provide, royal, shampoo, ship, spirit, stateroom, staterooms, toiletries