Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2007, 04:59 PM

I have been trying to find the prices or at least a price range for the Spa services on the ship. I would like to plan on treating myself and my daughter to a massage (my first!) Does anyone have any idea of the prices or where to find the information?? If anyone has these answers it would be cruise-chat. I can't thank everyone enough for answering my assortment of questions. Everything is a little less of a mystery for me!
Old 02-03-2007, 06:56 PM

not sure on the prices, however if you want a good deal they will sometimes offer discounts on days when the ship is at port. So you can get one early and still have time to go ashore for awhile.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Banned

Weinergirls... You can do as you please but... I'm an aesthetician/cosmetologist. I wouldn't waste my money on cruise ship spa treatments. They use Elemis as their spa products. Not that good and a lot of impurities in it. They bang out customers in the spa one after another. If you want a good, pure treatment for yourself and your daughter, get a facial/massage/pedicure before or after you go. I just got home from the Mexican Riviera and I'm getting my facial done by my friend next week to get rid of dead cells from the sun and such. They hype up the spa deals but it's really a joke. Spa prices are through the roof. I normally pay (in NY) $70 for my facials. On the ship, it's closer to, or above $100. Hope this helps.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned

P.S. Keep in mind that above what the spa charges, you have to tip approx. another $10 for the masseuse/aesthetician/cosmetologist, etc. Don't expect a first rate treatment on a cruise ship. You'll have a better experience and treatment at an exclusive day spa in your hometown. If your girls are young, consider having their hair braided in port. My girls love that because it's something I don't do for them.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:55 PM

You will find spa treatment specials throughout the cruise. They will be posted in the daily Carnival Capers. On my most recent cruise they had these specials on one of the sea days. Spa Taster-Back Massage and facial - 50 minutes $89.
Spa Facial 25 minutes $29. I disagree that the spa "bangs" out appointment. A 50 minute treatment is excactly that--a 50 minute treatment. You tip at your own discretion.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:54 PM

Hello. I understand your wanting to get a massage while on your cruise. Afterall, it is YOUR vacation. The elemis spas are expensive, but were worth it while on vacation. That is how I look at it. I spend at least $300 a cruise on spa treatments, not including tips. That gets me about 2-3 treatments per cruise (7 day cruise). There massage prices start at about $100 for massage, and if I remember correctly, go up to $180 for other massages/wraps. They do have spa specials that they announce the night before, for the following day. I try to get a special when I can. The only problem with that I have found, is that you might not get a good time for you. I always go directly to the spa immediately after I get on and book my appt. Still, even doing this, sometimes the times I really want are taken, and I have to take another time/day. They should have a "Spa tour" on the first day, usually prior to sailing. They tend to have specials/sales also, if you book your treatment for the very first day. The elemis spa products are expensive, some girls are more pushy than others, I politely decline them. I also got a discount on a stone massage by getting it done at 8am on a saturday morning. That was heaven. They usually have cheaper "Port" prices, where they drop the prices while they are in port. They should have a steam room and or a dry sauna. The general rule of tipping is 15%, and is not including in the price. I love my massages on the ship, they are my special treat to myself. Enjoy, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by wienergirls:
I have been trying to find the prices or at least a price range for the Spa services on the ship. I would like to plan on treating myself and my daughter to a massage (my first!) Does anyone have any idea of the prices or where to find the information?? If anyone has these answers it would be cruise-chat. I can't thank everyone enough for answering my assortment of questions. Everything is a little less of a mystery for me!
My first thought was if you have to ask you can't afford it. But I happen to agree in part with most of the other responders. You are on Vacation, have fun get a massage if you want one, decline all the extras, expensive nothings. My wife did one last cruise booked at $110 I think but my sail and sign saw $170, she had been sold a bunch of stuff. However the smile on her face was priceless. My daughter works on a ship as a dancer and knows a good massage from a bad one and she agrees that not all are good ones on the ship. She knows who she likes because she lives on the ship. you will not have that luxery. However all will be nice even if not excellent. As for myself, I don't do it. I have a massage at my own place at home for $65/hr and when on the ship take advantage of the Steam room and Sauna and hot tubs. If you have not done steam before, read all the precautions and do only a little at a time. For example, go to the spa swap them your sail and sign card for a locker key (No charge for this) change into a towel and walk to the Steam room, walk around in it breathing shallow for 1 Min maybe 2, yes that is 1 min, 60 seconds this is steam not just vapor, then go to the sauna and sit for about 10 min. Shower up and you will feel great. Total fee: NOTHING.
Bon Voyage. You are gonna LOVE it And don't forget to watch the big dance shows.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:37 PM

Thank you posters! I am trying to budget in all the things we want to do, including treats and luxuries I don't usually give myself. I wouldn't know a good massage from a bad one as long as it feels good!
Old 02-15-2007, 07:36 AM

I think that's it, you would not know wheather it was good or not so giver hell. I think that if you book around $100.00 per person plus tip then you should be fine. My fiencee always does a few, however I don't really remeber seeing them on the sail and sign so I don't know how much she paid however I know that there are around 100.00 for a 45-60 mins. I wouldn't worry as to wheather they are good or not, if you have never had one then you are going to feel heavenly at the end. Treat your daughter to a good time.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:48 PM

Thank you! My daughter is 21 and this is the first time she and I have vacationed together with her as an adult. This should be great fun. The massage prices sound great, it's all about making memories..right??

Closed Thread

Tags
buy, cruise, massage, spirit