Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 05:00 PM

This is my first posting so be gentle. We departed Port Canaveral on the 14th of June for the 7-day Western Caribean and had a great time with my wife, daughter and her boyfriend (a piece of plywood was installed in the middle of their bed in their cabin). This was my first Carnival cruise and I was a bit nervous about it. Previously we have gone on Celebrity. Carnival's ships seem to have this reputation of being full of drunks and guys running around in the dining room wearing wife-beaters. NOT the case on the Glory and I suspect not the case on the other ships in the fleet. I thought the staff was outstanding from the dining room waiter, to the stateroom attendant, to the cocktail servers. Even the workers cleaning the decks early in the morning had a great smile. Carnival has won me over and I hope to go on many more cruises with them. So, if anyone has any questions about the Glory or this cruise please let me know.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:00 PM

This is my first posting so be gentle. We departed Port Canaveral on the 14th of June for the 7-day Western Caribean and had a great time with my wife, daughter and her boyfriend (a piece of plywood was installed in the middle of their bed in their cabin). This was my first Carnival cruise and I was a bit nervous about it. Previously we have gone on Celebrity. Carnival's ships seem to have this reputation of being full of drunks and guys running around in the dining room wearing wife-beaters. NOT the case on the Glory and I suspect not the case on the other ships in the fleet. I thought the staff was outstanding from the dining room waiter, to the stateroom attendant, to the cocktail servers. Even the workers cleaning the decks early in the morning had a great smile. Carnival has won me over and I hope to go on many more cruises with them. So, if anyone has any questions about the Glory or this cruise please let me know.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:45 PM

Mike, welcome to cruise-chat! Thanks for the review.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-28-2008, 12:21 AM

Hi Mike985, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

We are a pretty friendly community here, no worries. Thanks for the comments about the Glory. What did you do on Roatan?

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 06-28-2008, 05:16 AM
Banned

I don't get the part about the plywood and your daughter and her boyfriend's bed in their cabin?
What are you saying?

Sodey
Old 06-28-2008, 05:49 AM

quote:
I don't get the part about the plywood and your daughter and her boyfriend's bed in their cabin?
What are you saying?

That puzzled me too. I just didn't want to go there.

Dwayne
Old 06-28-2008, 07:12 AM

The plywood is a family joke...just trying to keep them separated. We did zip lining in Roatan which was a blast. Otherwise, I wasn't too excited about the port. Lots of hard looking characters running around the area where the ship pulled in but also lots of security people so we never felt uncomfortable.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:32 AM

I did forget to mention anything about our excursions. We did the dolphin encounter in Cozumel, zip lining in Roatan (mentioned earlier) and then cave tubing in Belize. All were arranged through Shore Trips (shoretrips.com). I can't say enough about them...at the cruise terminal in Port Canaveral we were handed a letter from Carnival stating two of the ports whould be reversed (Roatan and Belize). I thought I would have some problems with the two trips we arranged for these ports so called Shore Trips before the ship pulled out and they assured me it wouldn't be a problem. Sure enough, everything worked as planned. I did save a fortune going through them vice Carnival and the same excursions offered by the cruise line were also offered by Shore Trips.

Closed Thread