Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2005, 01:21 PM

Back on the Conquest again...this time Oct 30. Any one else on this cruise??

Heard that Carnival will have some kind of Halloween party on board. Not sure as to what it may be
Old 10-09-2005, 06:30 PM

I am going to be on the Conquest Oct. 30 sailing. Looking forward to lots of partying and relaxing!
Old 10-16-2005, 04:09 PM

Hey Indy!

Well it's now two weeks and counting! Woo Hoo! Hopefully no more hurricanes!

Looking forward to a calm cruise and lots of fun.

Where are you from? Have you been on the Conquest before?
Debbi
Old 10-17-2005, 10:11 AM

Debbi, Do you have in info on the sea trek in Montego Bay? We keep changing mind and probably will continue to do so til cruise time! We want to do something off the ship, but don't want all the hassles that everyone is talking about.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:28 AM

BJC - we are already booked with Barrett Adventures, They are great. We have a full car load but maybe Erroll can take you'all if he is not booked that day. They keep you away from all the beggers, etc in Jamaica and have very interesting and reasonalbe (cost) tours. You can contact them at their web site at: www.barrettadventures.com

I also read through this chat site that there is another company that is also very good called A-Z Jamacian Travels or something like that. Look at some of the cruise reviews for the Conquest and you will find their name on several of the reviews.
Hope this info helped.
Debbi
Old 10-23-2005, 04:02 PM

Hi Debbi-

I'm on the Oct. 30 Conquest, and I notice you're from Houston. My mates and I are flying into Hobby, and I was wondering if you have a recommendation about transportation from there to Galveston. At first glance it looks like hiring a shuttle for the 4 of us is the way to go. Is there any kind of dedicated bus service suitable for getting there? Thanks. John.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:11 AM

JonnyWonder...I checked into this same question. I can tell you from the International airport it cost $30 per person, oneway. I made a oneway rental reservation through Hertz, who has a location at the Port and the cost is about $55 each way. Hobby is closer to Galveston than IAH so you might get something cheaper through a van/shuttle service....hope this helps....Happy Cruising on the Conquest
Old 10-24-2005, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyWonder:
Hi Debbi-

I'm on the Oct. 30 Conquest, and I notice you're from Houston. My mates and I are flying into Hobby, and I was wondering if you have a recommendation about transportation from there to Galveston. At first glance it looks like hiring a shuttle for the 4 of us is the way to go. Is there any kind of dedicated bus service suitable for getting there? Thanks. John.
I am also a member of the Galveston Chamber...let me get with them and see if they have any reccommodations. Sometines a limo service will be just as cheap. Also I will contact a person I know in Pasadena that runs a service and see what their charge is.

Debbi
Old 10-28-2005, 11:23 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Debbi:
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyWonder:
Hi Debbi-

So very sorry I dragged my feet on this one. The two services operating out of Galveston are the Galveston Limosine Service which charges $30 p/person (pre paid with credit card as the person overthe phone told me!) This is tgeir web site: (also they were not very friendly over the phone either) http://www.galvestonlimousineservice.com/cruise.html

The second transportation company, Galveston Island Tours, has a minimum of 5 people.I guesss maybe you can find someone else flying in... but their site is: http://www.galvestonislandtours.com/transportation.html

Again, I am sorry for not getting back with you sooner. The limo service from Pasadena retired a couple of months ago.....

Closed Thread