Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 12:18 PM

I am planning a cruise in April for the Eastern Caribbean on the Destiny. I know it is out of dry dock now. Have the problems resolved themselves? Also, any ideas other than Atlantis, for a day in Nassau? Thanks.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:33 AM

There's a public beach adjacent to Atlantis (Cabbage Beach), the Straw Market is right near the docks, the Queen's Staircase is not as much fun since the hotel burned down, but it's still there. There's a Margaritaville and Senor Frogs near the docks and tons of locals trying to sell island tours.

Sorry, haven't sailed on the Destiny. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:45 PM

To the best of my knowledge the problems were fixed on the Carnival Destiny. For Nassau I can highly recommend Blue Lagoon Island for an excursion. Talk about a Cheeseburger in Paradise. Here is a link. It's less to book directly with the tour operator. Feel free to "PM" (Private Message) me and I'll give you the tour operator's contact info.

Dwayne
Old 03-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Great Aunt:
I am planning a cruise in April for the Eastern Caribbean on the Destiny. I know it is out of dry dock now. Have the problems resolved themselves? Also, any ideas other than Atlantis, for a day in Nassau? Thanks.
I sailed on the Destiny out of San Juan a few years back. She is a very impressive ship. The amount of copper sheet used in the stairwells is just staggering when you consider that copper is currently 3.80 per pound. Lots of real marble floors. And if it is fresh out of dry dock it will all be sparkling. The Destiny has had a tough rep for things going wrong but it is mostly over reacted. When I was on it there was some trouble with the sound system in the dinning room and one of the engines was out but none of it effected our enjoyment. We were in the most forward cabin on deck 8 with balconies and could see into the bridge from the balcony. Got a wave or 2 from the officers from time to time.

It was nice, book it.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
To the best of my knowledge the problems were fixed on the Carnival Destiny. For Nassau I can highly recommend Blue Lagoon Island for an excursion. Talk about a Cheeseburger in Paradise. Here is a link. It's less to book directly with the tour operator. Feel free to "PM" (Private Message) me and I'll give you the tour operator's contact info.

Dwayne
Old 04-06-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:

Dwayne
I would love the name of the person to contact for Blue Lagoon

Closed Thread