Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 09:10 AM

Hello,

Just returned from the Sensation -- had a great time. Would love to comment about the dress code changes.

Finally, EVERYONE in the dining room seemed to be comfortable. Some of us like to dress up to celebrate dinner as a big-deal event, some were casually dressed and others, well, they were the most comfortable -- but everyone stayed as they were -- no one turned away.

Just thought it was interesting that more of us were dressed up (and not on formal night) that I usually see. Guess it's fun to dress up when you don't have to!!!

Mary

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-07-2008, 09:10 AM

Hello,

Just returned from the Sensation -- had a great time. Would love to comment about the dress code changes.

Finally, EVERYONE in the dining room seemed to be comfortable. Some of us like to dress up to celebrate dinner as a big-deal event, some were casually dressed and others, well, they were the most comfortable -- but everyone stayed as they were -- no one turned away.

Just thought it was interesting that more of us were dressed up (and not on formal night) that I usually see. Guess it's fun to dress up when you don't have to!!!

Mary

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-07-2008, 10:14 AM

Welcome back Mary!

Didn't think the policy change would have an impact on the dress customs of most people. Glad to hear it!

Hope you had a great cruise!

Dwayne
Old 04-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the feedback, Mary. After thinking about it for a bit, it does make some sense to me. Let people wear pretty much what they want, and fewer will rebel. I've seen the same on NCL (Freestyle) cruises to Bermuda. Pax were actually dressed more nicely than on our cruises to the Caribbean or Canada/New England on most other lines. I suppose destination is a huge factor, too, but maybe not as significant as I'd thought.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:16 PM
I really don't care how anyone else dresses...We do casual and we do dressup...I just don't like the jerks that come to the diningrooms with their baseball caps on...and now with Carnival allowing "Dress Shorts" I'm sure all the other cruiselines will follow...Each to their own.....Happy crusing..

Bob e
Old 04-13-2008, 04:32 PM
My son bless his heart went with us on our family cruise of 20 in Nov. On the way home he was rerouted but his luggage was not. When he got to the airport in Vegas his luggage was gone. Never found. He lost his 2 new suits, shirts, ties and dress shoes. For his Birthday in Feb I bought him 2 new suites, shirts and ties. I told him the pants needed to be hemmed as they came without hems.

Friday he went on the Paradise with about 20 of his friends and coworkers. He is always forgetting something so I reminded him not to forget his camera, chargers etc. I asked him the night he was leaving for LA...you did get your pants hemmed, right? Oh, did I need to get my pants hemmed? He decided he would just take a pair of dress pants, shirt and tie. Well Friday he called me when they were on the ship. Another adventure had delayed him. I will mention that later. Anyways he said that in the rush he forgot his dress shoes. His cabin mate was not aware of a "formal night" and did not bring anything so my son said they might just skip it....boys!

Anyway, we never seem to go on a cruise without some snafu and my son is no different. His friend and cabin mate sent off for his Passport but had not received it as of Thursdday and the ship sailed Friday. My son called Carnival and was told that as long as he has is birth cert and proof he has applied for his passport he would be OK. My son said, you have your passport, right? he said, no I sent it with the application. Now this is the night before the cruise mind you. Of course mom comes to the rescue. I said where was he born and luckily he was born in LA. So I told them to take their happy little selves down to the Vital Stats office first thing in the morning. Turns out he was only 1 mile from there. Within 30 minutes they had passport and were on their way. I will be curious to find out what they did do for formal night. I suggested my son go to the formal store on ship and rent a pair of shoes. I doubt he did since his friend did not bring any dress clothes.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SanDee:
Turns out he was only 1 mile from there. Within 30 minutes they had passport and were on their way.

Are you confusing a Birth Certificate with a Passport? I have just not heard recently of getting a Passport in 30 minutes.

Dwayne
Old 04-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Dwayne, Yes I meant Birth Cert. Fingers typing faster than brain is working.

Closed Thread