Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   formal nights (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/29140-formal-nights.html)

onamission 04-02-2006 11:50 AM

Does anyone know which nights they have the formal nights i.e. Captains dinner. We would like to plan one of the excusions on Aruba, and it is on the friday night before we head back to Puerto Rico. Someone said that the formal nights are usually planned on the "at sea" nights. Is that true?

onamission 04-02-2006 11:50 AM

Does anyone know which nights they have the formal nights i.e. Captains dinner. We would like to plan one of the excusions on Aruba, and it is on the friday night before we head back to Puerto Rico. Someone said that the formal nights are usually planned on the "at sea" nights. Is that true?

Dave 04-02-2006 01:25 PM

Which cruise are you taking? Formal nights can vary, depending on the cruise length and itinerary.

peachcrek 04-02-2006 01:36 PM

yes they are on the second night out sometimes they do 2 nites depends on length of cruise

oreo 04-02-2006 03:56 PM

On the Triumph (Western Caribbean) the Captain's Formal night was the 2nd night out and the Gala night was the 2nd last night on a 7 day cruise

onamission 04-02-2006 04:39 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave56:
Which cruise are you taking? Formal nights can vary, depending on the cruise length and itinerary. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are on The Destiny

onamission 04-02-2006 04:40 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peachcrek:
yes they are on the second night out sometimes they do 2 nites depends on length of cruise </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you say the gala is on the 2nd last night...do you mean the last night before we come into port?

Dave 04-03-2006 06:31 AM

onamission,

Your two formal nights will be on the Tuesday and Thursday of your cruise.

onamission 04-03-2006 09:13 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave56:
onamission,

Your two formal nights will be on the Tuesday and Thursday of your cruise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Dave...are you absolutely positive that they are tuesday and thursday? we want to book the aruba excursion that is at night on friday...and we didn't want to miss the dinners. thanks for the info

Dave 04-03-2006 09:29 AM

I got my info by looking at some recent copies of the Carnival Capers for the Destiny cruises from San Juan. I doubt they changed the routine. Plus, they are not going to have a formal night when the ship is in a port until 10pm, as is the case with your Aruba stop. They realize many guests will still be ashore.